• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legal questions about photoshop trial

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wanted to know if is it legal to reset trial for photoshop and continue using software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Hi

Adobe General Terms and Conditions for CC

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services or Software;

Taken from here:

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

Does that give you sufficient clarity?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by reset trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can correct application.xml to start a new trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think about the legality of,

using licensed software for free indefinitely,

after tampering a file that limits its free use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure, I googled and found that it's probably legal, but I was not sure if it is and decided to find out for sure. Here is stuff answer: Re: Why can't I reset my trial like you offered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is illegal in the US, some people say, to give legal advise if you are not a lawyer. I don't know if they are right, but I am careful. So this is not legal advice.

Many people do not care about the law; this is their moral choice and risk. But many people also get on the internet and claim that illegal things are legal. I don't know why they do that, except that sometimes they disagree with a law and want to trick other people into breaking it; the people they trick are the ones who will be punished. So be very careful about accepting advice from the internet. If you want legal advice get a lawyer. Though actually paying for software like you're supposed to would be a lot cheaper. Photoshop is from $10 per month.

It may be interesting to know that Adobe have a large team of lawyers and others devoting to tracking down illegal use of software. Sometimes they close down software, take legal action, or send bills for things that happened many years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe General Terms and Conditions for CC

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services or Software;

Taken from here:

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

Does that give you sufficient clarity?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pvlt55319819  wrote

I am not sure, I googled and found that it's probably legal, but I was not sure if it is and decided to find out for sure. Here is stuff answer: Re: Why can't I reset my trial like you offered? 

What role does Google play with what is legal or what is not legal.  Logic and common sense should tell you it not legal.  If you do not want to be legal you can do what you want.  I fell there is only a very small change you will wind up in court with Adobe. Why would Adobe want to set you  up as an example and prosecute you? What value would they get from that? They would lose more than the gain.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course it's illegal, and you know it is.

BTW I doubt it's as simple as modifying a single file. If it was, "everybody" would already have been doing it for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines