Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert rectangle shape to triangle

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need a trangle  shape...i try this process>>1.png2.png3.png

rectangle shape> restrize layer> polygonal lasso tool to cut the rectangle but now i cannot change the color of this triangle..... is there a way to change this color or to make this triangle another way in photoshop? i use this in a business card

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Use Pen tool to draw triangle shape. Watch the animation below. Turn Rubber Band on (click on gear icon in the Options bar to see this option in a pop-up) to watch and ensure that you are drawing perfectly straight line. Note: my drawing mode (first drop-down in the Options bar) was set to Path.

pen-tool-to-draw-triangle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow), click on the lower left corner, to select that point, and press Delete. You will get a message about converting a Live Shape to a regular path. Click Yes to proceed.

Switch to the Pen tool, and click on one of the two acute angles, and then the other, to connect the two points. You will see "Pick-up Path" and "Close Path" added in the History panel. Now your Shape is a triangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first part understand,,,second part not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Pen tool to draw triangle shape. Watch the animation below. Turn Rubber Band on (click on gear icon in the Options bar to see this option in a pop-up) to watch and ensure that you are drawing perfectly straight line. Note: my drawing mode (first drop-down in the Options bar) was set to Path.

pen-tool-to-draw-triangle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first you select pen tool-path mode>draw a triangle>click shape to convert it to "shape"  >then select direct selection tool........................ thanks a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could also create the triangle from the custom shape tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in shapes use polygon tool and click on artboard you got the option for how many sides you want you can make triangle with choosing 3 sides...thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines