• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The steps to produce and view international CHM?

Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be most helpful to hear from somebody who actually did it which steps are exactly necessary. The project is Russian, and I would need to view the output in Rusian.

If I set the project settings and the local system language to Russian (language setting in the HPP is 0x419), then I can produce a CHM and all HTML pages are fine, but..

* The window title is scrambled text, perhaps an ANSI conversion of the Russian unicode title. In the HHP file, the title is displayed correctly as it should be.

* The index shows the same problem in the CHM, but is already produced with wrong characters by RoboHelp.

* The TOC on the other side if fine too.

I feel that it may be only a small step left, but I find no more options.Releated issues were covered in several previous posts, but none of the suggestions I found solved the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

Sorry but I believe the only way to see the file totally in Russian is to run it on a Russian version of the Windows Operating System.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,
thanks for the fast info. Do you know of a way to install this on top of an existing Windows, i.e. by adding a language package or something like that?

By the way, I do see a Russian window title now. But I have to open the HHP, convert it to ANSI, and copy the original Russian title into the Options section. Then, when I generate using the HHW, the title is actually displayed correctly with Russian characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp