• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding columns rows to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I'm not able to add rows or columns to my tables. Instead, when I click on a cell it is outlined in blue and there is a tag at the top. What have I done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

The blue outlines mean you are in Live View.

Modifying tables there is a little different from how it's done in Design View (what you're used to if just coming to CC from a Creative Suite version).

You can switch to Design View and work as you used to, or if you want to continue editing in Live View, click the edge of the table (or click within the <table> tag itself in Code View) to get the outline. You then click the white "hamburger menu" icon within the blue "Table" tab that appears with the b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue outlines mean you are in Live View.

Modifying tables there is a little different from how it's done in Design View (what you're used to if just coming to CC from a Creative Suite version).

You can switch to Design View and work as you used to, or if you want to continue editing in Live View, click the edge of the table (or click within the <table> tag itself in Code View) to get the outline. You then click the white "hamburger menu" icon within the blue "Table" tab that appears with the blue outline. That will activate Live View's table editing mode (giving the cells black outlines). You can then highlight cells and right click to get the insert options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jon! All better! The only thing I don’t understand is why I changed to live mode. Now I know what to do if it happens again.

Clear Skies,

Charlie Lindgren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Shift +F11 will switch between Design and Live. Maybe while trying to hit a different keyboard shortcut, you accidentally hit the Toggle View Mode shortcut?

That, or an errant click in the Document Toolbar, will do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program keeps reverting back to live mode when I open a page.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW should remember whatever mode you have selected in the Document Toolbar and open files in that mode.

If your Document Toolbar isn't open, go to Window > Toolbars > Document and put a checkmark by it. Once you select Design View from that toolbar (it won't appear at the top without a document open), each page you open should automatically be in Design View.

If DW is forgetting what you have selected as you switch trough documents, it may help to clear the program cache or Restore Preferences...

Clear the Program Cache: Deleting a corrupted cache file

Restore Preferences: Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also leverage Dreamweaver' s auto code completion with Emmet shortcuts.

Faster Coding with Emmet in Dreamweaver CC | Adobe Blog

As an example, switch to Code View.  Paste or type the following, and hit the TAB key.

table>.row*3>.col*2>

Voila!  Instant table, rows and columns.

<table>

<tr class="row">

<td class="col"></td>

<td class="col"></td>

</tr>

<tr class="row">

<td class="col"></td>

<td class="col"></td>

</tr>

<tr class="row">

<td class="col"></td>

<td class="col"></td>

</tr>

</table>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines