Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere does not start

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys
Today I wanted to test Adobe Premiere and installed it. Immediately after the first start the only thing that popped up was this "Media Pending " Screen. I tried closing the application and opening it again. Restarting my Laptop. Reinstalling Premiere and also tried to just wait 20 minutes. Nothing worked. Does anybody know a solution?
Thanks in advance!

Screenshot (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MrKreuzer,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Media Pending graphics may appear if Premiere is still trying to load the media or if the preview or the cache files are corrupted. Please try to switch the video renderer in Premiere to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then check if it's working. You may refer to this article to know how to switch video renderer in Premiere.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2485451

If switching the video renderer is still not helping, then you may try to reset Premiere preferences and clear the cache files and check if it's working properly. You may refer to these articles to know more on resetting preferences and cleaning cache.

How to reset Preference - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

How to clean Cache - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help! Unfortunetely nothing of this works.

I couldn't even try to change the rendered because I can't click on anything in Premiere, to close the application I even have to kill the task in the task manager.

I tried the two other methods tho and they also didn't help. Is there anything else I can do?

Again, Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc Kreuzer,

If Premiere is going in a non-responsive state and you need to close it using the task manager then we may need to check the crash reports ( if generated ) to isolate the cause of this issue. You may try these steps and check for the Faulting Module that could be causing the crash.

• Please open Event Viewer from the windows start menu.
  • Then in the Event Viewer window click on Windows Logs > Application.
  • On the right side of the window, you will have an option for Actions. Under that click on Filter Current Log.
  • Now In the Filter Current Log window, check the option for Error and then click ok.

This should populate all the logged error reports. Please try to look for Error report corresponding to Premiere Pro in that list.

If you find one, then click on that and go to the general tab. Look for a parameter named Faulting Module Name in this report.

Let us know what is the Faulting Module Name if available in that report.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Thank you again ! I looked at it, and after Faulting Module Name there is just nothing.Really weird. It says application hang. Does that help in any way?

THanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc Kreuzer,

Seems like the error is not logged in the event viewer. We can try a few more things to isolate the possible cause of the issue.

Please try these steps

• Please open the Device Manager from the start menu.
  • Look for Display adapters, please click on that and under that you will see the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M listed.
  • Right click on the NVIDIA GPU and click Update driver.
  • Then select Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Then click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
  • Then select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and click on next to install the Basic Display Adapter driver(This will help us in checking if the issue is occurring due to GPU/GPU drivers)

Once the driver is installed, please test Premiere again and check if it's working properly.

You may let us know if this helped.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you get Premiere Pro running on that computer, it is likely that you will not have a happy editing experience with those specifications.

What kind and what size is the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your complete laptop specifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo Ideapad u5300 Touch with i5

GeForce GT 730M

8GB Ram

Intel® Core™ i5 (4. Generation) 4200U Prozessor 2x 1.60 GHz

THank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines