• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 7.5 crashes when entering print module

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 Pro, Lightroom Classic cc 7.5 and every time I go from develop to print Lightroom shuts down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Hi John,

We're sorry to hear about Lightroom crashing on Print module, could you try creating a new test catalog and see if it still crashes when you enter the Print module? If it does not crash in the new catalog then we can move the contents of the original catalog to the new catalog.

Read here to know more: How to create and manage catalogs in Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

We're sorry to hear about Lightroom crashing on Print module, could you try creating a new test catalog and see if it still crashes when you enter the Print module? If it does not crash in the new catalog then we can move the contents of the original catalog to the new catalog.

Read here to know more: How to create and manage catalogs in Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think your approach will resolve the issue. I have loaded a

different catalog (rather than create a test catalog) and when I print from

that catalog there is no problem. So, I will create a new catalog and

export the contents of the faulty catalog to the newly created catalog and

I believe that will resolve the problem. Will give an update later.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:59 PM Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

First, never hurts to rebuild the preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Next, it might be a corrupted user print template. Unfortunately you can't get to the module to try a different one or delete the one it's loading. The idea of a new catalog would avoid this loading of a template. Being a Mac guy, not sure where they live on Windows but you can go into preferences and select: “show Lightroom presets folder.” If you can find and move the print templates to another location and test if the print module crashes, that's a sign where the problem lies. If not, just put them back.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer, implemented slightly differently, seems to have resolved the issue. I created a new catalog and imported (rather than copy or move) the old catalog into the new catalog. So far, with limited use, it has resolved the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines