Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not launching after installation

Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded CS6 and all of my apps are working except InDesign. I click to open, it launches, and then it crashes. I have reinstalled it, trashing the former install, and it still has the same issue. Tech support says this is the only way to get an answer, which I doubt, but am making the attempt anyway. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

We fixed it. There was a ghost file in the latest installation which we just removed. Trashed the former install, and installed again. Now it works! Just posting in case any one else has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded or installed? CS6 is not supported on any new Mac or Windows operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, we bought this in 2013 but only downloaded on one computer. We are now using the second computer activation with the original license key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my questions or address my statement about support for operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, considering Photoshop, Illustrator, etc is launching, the OS System seems to be fine. It is just an issue with InDesign. It was downloaded here Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that Photoshop and Illustrator are not InDesign your assessment is irrelevant. And given that you still haven't given us any details on what is happening or the operating system you're trying to run it on there's nothing anyone can do to help.

If you're on Windows 10 or any Mac OS later than 10.10, you're on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the CS6 package, which includes Indesign, photoshop, etc. Are you saying these can run on the OS but Indesign can't? Its a mac High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m saying it’s completely unsupported. You’ll be hardpressed to find anyone running InDesign CS6 on High Sierra or Mojave. Support ended with 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it works fine on my computer which has the same OS as the one I'm trying to install it onto. I don't think I'm some sort of anomaly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, you’re on your own here. I wish I had better news, but those are the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We fixed it. There was a ghost file in the latest installation which we just removed. Trashed the former install, and installed again. Now it works! Just posting in case any one else has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines