Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged TOC Not Working

Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH7, and recently the TOC of my merged project does not work in the master .chm. That is, its page links can be viewed, but clicking on them does not open the pages. On its own, it works fine.

The merged .chm in question has a name with a space. Replacing the space with an underscore does not help. But removing the space and underscore allows it to work fine.

The problem is that my company's automated build system makes it impossible for me to just rename the merged file - it requires some work from the programming team to rename and rebuild sections in their code for the automated documentation build. It may be my only solution, but it really shouldn't be because this had never been an issue in the past; I used to be able to have a merged .chm filename with a space and there was no problem.

Any ideas as to the cause of this problem? Possbile solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Underscores are an issue with merged CHMs but not in unmerged CHMs. Your only solution is to change the output file name. I know this will cause your developers some work but I am not aware of a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, even though I was hoping your answer would be different .

The thing is, while it is not functional now, the last release used the exact same format, i.e. ABC API.chm, and there was no problem. Am I to understand that it is just unreliable to have a space or underscore in the name so that problems will show up inconsistently?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It has been awhile since I hit this problem but I never got a merged CHM to work with an underscore in it. I can't remember whether spaces were also an issue but I just got into the habit of never having them.

Perhaps there is someone out there that knows the reasons behind this behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp