• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign asking whether to save modified assignments

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand the reason INDD would ask such a question when I'm closing a file that has associated assignments, but I created a totally new document today and when I went to save/close, I was asked the same question: do you want to save modified assignments?

There were no assignments. I didn't export anything for InCopy, so why am I seeing this question?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

It means at some point soneone made assignments. Open the Assignment panel and simply delete the assignments you see there, no text will be lost 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, show the screenshot with Links Panel open and with this alert (message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three screen shots:

First, the InCopy fly-out menu showing assignment status as checked out/in (nothing has been exported to InCopy)

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.47.40 AM.png

Second, the alert I get when I close the file

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.42.27 AM.png

If it helps explain this alert: I DO use InCopy for some projects. We're a publishing company, so some books are edited with InCopy, but not this one. It is a completely new document — not copied from an existing file that had InCopy assignments. And about that: when I UNLINK content from a previous pub (after "Save As ...") and create no new assignments with the new file, this "save modified assignments" alert still appears.

Just opening this file prompted an alert that one or more modified assignments could not be found...

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.59.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means at some point soneone made assignments. Open the Assignment panel and simply delete the assignments you see there, no text will be lost 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to @Frans v.d. Geest 

To add to his answer, the Assignments Panel can be located under Window > Editorial > Assignments 

nawissor_0-1631871444468.png

From here  you can see the Assignments and Delete the Assignment:

nawissor_1-1631871492995.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines