• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean up sound

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for software that can help cleanup the hissing, ect produced by Captivate.

Any recommendations would be great since I cannot re-record.

Too bad we can cleanup the recorder on captivate.

Thanks in advance
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Who told you the recording cannot be edited in Captivate? Of course it can, though the audio editor in Captivate is definitely not a full-featured tool.

But I think your problem might be in the recording itself. Make sure you have a good *sound environment* in which to record. And make sure that you have a decent (not expensive, just solid) audio card for your PC. And finally, get a decent quality (again, not expensive, but solid) microphone.

That aside, the answer to your question is that there are a huge variety of audio editors out there to select from, including the freely available *Audacity*, and Adobes Systems *Sound Booth*. The trick to cleaning up existing problems like hissing is to (in effect) drive up the volume on the waveform, so that the hissing is less noticable as a component of the waveform. In some cases, it is just not possible. That is why *digitally remastered* old songs are often still crappy when listened to.

You can Goggle for *audio editor* to get info on other editors. Good luck.
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources