• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge Maps That Update Per Page

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 80 page document that I'm using Data Merge to auto fill in images and data from a .csv file. Two point of data are Latitude and Longitude. I would like each page to have a map that shows where the photo was taken using those data points. Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Also, It would be really awesome if I could use a custom graphic instead of the standard google maps' pin icon, but at this point I'd just be happy if I could figure out how to automate 80 maps.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to take some time to help me.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this will assist with your query, but I have a technique that can assign a graphic to a point in x-y space that uses Data Merge, several anchored objects, and in this instance, the Chartwell Bars font:

Episode 4: Moving graphics with Data Merge in InDesign - YouTube

If you don't have the chartwell bars font, there is a free script I've written for indesignsecrets that creates a bar graph using GREP styles. type the number and let GREP styles do the rest: https://indesignsecrets.com/a-script-for-making-bar-graphs-with-grep.php

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines