Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio - Video sync confusion

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I have several hundred video clips that need syncing up with the separate audio from my sound person. I've got them all sitting on the timeline.

We had timecode sync between audio kit and camera, but also have a scratch camera audio track with the video.

What's the easiest way to sync these? I see multiple methods online but none seem ideal for this (creating one multiclip sequence made a multicam with hundreds of angles and separate sequences would be ridiculous). Seems pretty simple!

Thanks in advance.

timeline.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

You can try selecting all the video and audio clips in the project panel then use "create a multi-camera" option to with timecode to get the sync. Then open the multicam sequence from project by right-clicking open in timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Clip merge option in Premiere pro cc to sync Audio with video. Select the video clip and then its audio clip > then right click > merge clips > choose audio option for sync. watch this - How to Auto Sync Audio with Video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC - YouTube

Because you have many clips to sync, I would recommend using PluralEyes plugin by Red Gaint - RED GIANT | Getting Started with PluralEyes 4.0 in Premiere Pro - YouTube

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I shoulnd't need to know which audio clip goes with which video clip though - that's the point of timecode. I just want to select everything and have Premiere sync each video clip with its matching audio clip via timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try selecting all the video and audio clips in the project panel then use "create a multi-camera" option to with timecode to get the sync. Then open the multicam sequence from project by right-clicking open in timeline.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then I end up with a multi-camera sequence with dozens of camera angles in it. Not understanding how that's useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dkaplowitz,
Check out this video for the full workflow regarding syncing using multicam.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines