• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated Mojave OS Crashes

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not been able to open up my Premiere Pro to edit projects since I updated to the Mojave OS 10.14 last week.

I've got a 2017 MacBook Pro 15inch with a 2.9 GHz i7 core, and 16 GB of RAM, on top of the 630 graphics card.

I can get to the select project file, but as as soon as that happens and I open anything up, it crashes. I've uninstalled PP multiple times, tried to reconnect all hard drives, and all to no luck with getting back to work. My associate producer updated his OS the same day on his iMac with no problems.

Is anyone else having similar issues? What should I do from here?

Thanks!

- DJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may seem like a simple answer but sometimes it's a good idea to do a clean installation of both your operating system and the applications, so much junk that is left over the years and the systems need a kind of purge. If you can do it, support everything and have a clean installation from scratch, I personally do this every time I upgrade to a new operating system.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that! Simple can still be complex. I'll definitely look into cleaning up the applications too, but is your comment referencing to "clear the preferences" and data as well from the apps on my operating system? Or, just uninstall Creative Cloud and all of the CC apps, then refresh though with a new install? I definitely know I need to clean house though. I've had a ton of data pass through over the past year of owning this laptop. I appreciate the insight!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that you backup all your files and format your computer doing a clean installation, the operating system as new. Then you install the Adobe suite as well as new. This way you have a more fluid computer and without problems (of software at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've tried both now...

It's still showing the same "serious problem occurred" notification.

Ugh... nothing seems to work. I'm trying to install an older version of PP if that'll help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you format your system and still keep showing the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, I had a friend monitor me doing it all too to make sure I was doing it all correct too.

I have to be cautious on formats right now, so double and triple backing up stuff due to the nature of the content. But... still no luck. It's looking like I'm going to have to roll back to High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people have been experiencing issues with Mojave and Premiere Pro.

You may want to roll back the operating system and wait for the next version of Premiere Pro CC before updating to Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what it's looking like my best option is.

I just was trying to wait it out and edit on some of our other machines, they're just too slow compared to mine. I've got a 2017 27inch iMac Pro that's running PPCC and Mojave just fine... but, my laptop just isn't working.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines