Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort order with 2 Sony cameras using LR

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from Canon to Sony Mirrorless

When I shoot hockey or ringette I always shoot with 2 cameras( one with a 24-70 for close up action and a 70-200 on another camera body for far away action)

Minutes before the game I would go into my Canon cameras and set the time exactly the same on both bodies

With Canon you can set it to the second but with Sony its only to the minute

When I got home from the games I would dump the RAW files into a subfolder within hockey or ringette

Then I would go to View>> Sort>> Capture Time and everything would be in order

Then I would cull the files and edit

I di this yesterday with Sony Files and it doesn't sort them even tho the camera date and time is identical

So now I have a goalie in one end and then in the next pic the goalie is in the opposite end and then 2 files later its back in the original end

Its very noticeable by the different backgrounds

I started with 320 pics  and have culled and edited it down to 151 edited files that are ready to post on the teams Facebook page

But I need to get these in order

I've tried capture time and that didn't work

I'm now 12 hrs late in posting these pic and need to get this corrected

I can't move the pics either nor do I have a way to determine the correct sequence if I could

Ex- a player is coming down the ice, next pic is the high 5"s on the bench then the next pic shows the puck or ring going in the net

Help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all the images from one of the cameras and choose 'Metadata - Edit Capture Time'. That allows you to change the time, also by only a few seconds. All the images will be changed accordingly, so if you add 10 seconds to the time of the most selected image, the capture time of all the other images will also increased by ten seconds.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and it didn't work, the order is still way out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you did not use the appropriate correction. It can be a bit difficult to find that out up to the very last second.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JohanEl54  wrote

Then you did not use the appropriate correction. It can be a bit difficult to find that out up to the very last second.

...or else the selection of which image was taken with which camera body, was not quite right.

Also: double check that the sorting is in fact according to capture time; depending how Library options are set, it is possible that different sorting is silently coming into play, when going between different folders (or, different collections).

This behaviour is controlled by a padlock icon at right hand side of the Filter bar. If locked, current folder's viewing options are imposed the same, onto any different folder you switch to. If unlocked, the remembered prior viewing options for that particular folder are recalled when you switch to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines