• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I shape tween they disappear

Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on shape tweening a bitmap-ed letter and another shape. When I get finished they both just disappear and I wind up with a broken line in the green 'shape tween' part of the timeline. I have tried several variations; first, I tried following the directions I found on the "Shape tweening" , I followed the instructions carefully - no go; then, I tried ad-libbing and used some variations but it still came up with a broken line. I am at my wits end. How can I simply transition one into the other?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

For anyone who have this problem, anything that is vector can be tweened.
You should right click the icon that you want to tween, not the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this video about how to use shape hints to get your shape tween to be more predictable:

Flash How Do I: Use Shape Hints - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I followed the video you suggested but I still get the broken line and both my objects disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have somewhere you can upload your file for us to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could put it on dropbox.

Dropbox - hat dance.fla

Its 9:30 and I'm going to bed now but I will see what you might find tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example file doesn't include any tweens. I think that it's a slide show of roughly what you're trying to achieve. If I understand it right, you want each letter of Bowler to tween into part of the image of a bowler, and to join together in the final hat shape. Is that right?

You can get close with these steps, but I would argue they are time-consuming, and you should come up with a different idea!:

Select the letter, Break Apart, deselect then use the Ink Bottle tool to give the letter an outline.

Select the corresponding piece of hat (keep an original copy somewhere) Break Apart until it's vector. Use the Magic Wand tool to delete outside areas that are meant to be transparent. Deselect and use the Ink Bottle tool to give it a stroke too. Use the Eyedropper to pick up the fill texture.

Go back to the letter and use the Paint Bucket to give the letter the same texture.

By now you have two outline strokes with hat part fill, one the shape of the letter, the other the shape of that part of the hat. You can put each on the same layer, in keyframes that are some amount apart.

Right click in the gap between them, which will currently be looking like the letter, and do Create Shape Tween. If you scrub the timeline you should see the letter changing to the hat part.

If you select the first keyframe you can go to Modify/Shape/Add Shape Hint. You drag the dot you are given until it snaps onto the outline somewhere. Go to the next keyframe and drag the same dot to snap onto the outline position that matches the start position. You can do up to 26 of those, to try to make the shape tween look correct.

If you followed all of that you will notice that the hat fill does its own thing. If you use the Gradient Transform Tool you can adjust the texture in the first keyframe, that looks like the letter, and hopefully find a scale and rotation that will make the texture track the outline tween.

You can set the stroke's color alpha value to zero to just have the fill part of the tween showing.

Anyway, you can see that it's all a little bit tricky. Maybe you should use a video editing program to export a good morph effect, then just play the sequence of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't apply shape tweens to bitmaps; only vector shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOU ARE WRONG MISS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem plausible to my simple mind. I was looking at the program and the property panel had an exclamation point on it. It said, "Shape tweening will not occur on layers containing symbols or grouped objects." I have both objects 'bitmap-ed' so somehow the objects seem 'grouped'. I think I will work on that aspect for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Break Apart I mentioned will break apart symbols or groups, or text, until they become just shape data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who have this problem, anything that is vector can be tweened.
You should right click the icon that you want to tween, not the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines