• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEED HELP ASAP! Video won't show up on preview screen!!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So yesterday I updated my drivers using nvidia geforce experience and today when I tried to edit a video of mine the video and sound got imported to premiere pro successfully but then they won't show up on the preview screen! I get no error message but when i press "play" the time on the timeline doesn't change but I can hear the sound of the video. I even tried adding an older video that earlier worked but now even that won't show up. I need help as soon as possible as I need to edit this video before monday.

My setup:

Intel core i7 (8th gen)

Nvidia Geforce 1070

16GB DDR 4

(Everything is fully updated)

Is it because of the updated graphical drivers? it only happens when I use premiere pro which i think is weird.

// Angelosfel premie.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

So for me the solution was that I need to use the premiere pro program on my primary screen, then it works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you say the problem started after you updated your driver, it seems clear that you need to go back a version or two from the nVidia site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going back to the old drivers now and it didn't work, still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the menu Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I never changed the layout in the first place so thaat didn't make a difference.. I also tried reinstalling premiere pro and deleted my preferences but that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't, try a new project to see if the old project is corrupted. If the new project works, import the old project to a new one to see if that fixes it.

You said "geforce experience." I never install the experience part; just the drivers. (I have assumed the experience part is for gamers or other enhancements.) Pick custom install and you'll see the option.

Based on Nvidia's advice, I always use the "clean install." There's a checkbox for it.

Your symptom sounds odd, so I'd try rolling back to your last one, or even reinstalling the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look like a redraw issue of the UI.

Make a clean install of Nvidia driver without all the extra options.

Latest is 411.63

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem! Clean new PC, Win10, newest drivers, everything works fine. Even Premiere Pro runs without any problems until I move the program monitor on to my second screen. After saving the workspace and restarting Premiere Pro video won't show up. Time on timeline doesn't change, although I can hear the soundtrack. I just have no idea what the hell the problem could be. Replacing monitors, cables, reinstalling premiere pro shows no effect.

My Setup:

i7-8700K

Geforce GTX 1080Ti (Driver version: 416.34)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Just need to deinstall Sonic Radar and Sonic Studio (some kind of gamer crap included in the nvidia update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised: Sonic radar and studio are installed by asus and they are for audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the solution was that I need to use the premiere pro program on my primary screen, then it works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a real solution. You CAN use the program monitor without any problems on your second screen, the only thing you have to do is to deinstall those useless apps installed by the VGA driver i described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines