Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract after '#' in URL + Flash SEO

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the hash (#) in the URL in our Flash website. We created a website, full-flash, with a back-end in coldfusion. We used SWF deeplinking so when somebody clicks on a button the title and URL of the page changes.

Now we put some HTML content on the website that isn't visible to users who have flash installed but I guess Google doesn't search the Flash but the html-content instead. We would like to optimise each seperate page with it's own unique HTML-content, but to achieve that we need to get the data from the current URL or page-title.

Example: http://www.website.com/#/products/shirts/ links directly to the correct page inside the flash-website, how can I get the 'products/shirts/' part extracted from the URL to use in coldfusion?
That way we could build unique content for the html-version of the website which "normal" users don't see but Google does.

Any other tips regarding Flash + Coldfusion + SEO are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Wouter
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ListRest()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think "ListRest()" has anything to do with this... anybody else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to use this in Cold Fusion correct? If so, then off the top of my head I'd try the getToken() function, assuming your reading the url element then I'd do it like this ...

Hope this helps you out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

irCfmxUser wrote:
> You want to use this in Cold Fusion correct? If so, then off the top of my head
> I'd try the getToken() function, assuming your reading the url element then I'd
> do it like this ...
>
> Hope this helps you out
>
> <cfscript>
> var strForGoogle = "";
> strForGoogle = getToken(cgi.SCRIPT_NAME, 2, "#");
> </cfscript>

It will not work as the part after # is not sent to the server.

--
Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there any other way then? The thing is, we developed a Flash website and via SWFADRESS we create links who link directly to the correct page in Flash, now when these links get indexed by Google it will only see the HTML content on that page so we would have dozens of pages with the same HTML content. That's why we would like to generate the html content based on the page the user is currently on (f.e: http://www.website.com/#/products/product01/)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation