Exit

Edit in Photoshop from LR Classic does not open latest PS version

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 7.5. And I also have Photoshop CC 19.1.6

When I select an image an "Edit in" I can select "Edit in Photoshop 2018",

Whether or not I have Photoshop 19.1.6 open, the image opens up in a new Photoshop window but the version of PS in 19.1.1

Why does LR not allow the image to be edited in the latest PS CC version?

If I use PS to open an image form the source folder and then edit it, to get it back into LR I would have to synchronise the LR folder. And that clunky and not the way intended.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have  both Photoshop 19.1.1 and Photoshop 19.1.6 on your machine. Do you perhaps have a backup drive online with the older copy of Photoshop on that?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My backup drives are disconnected. Still have the issue. I'm on a Mac and the only version of PS in my application folders is 19.1.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also uninstalled both LR and PS, including previous versions via the Adobe app and re-installed.

Still having the same issue - LR opens PS v 19.1.1 and not v 19.1.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new update is being rolled-out today. Go to the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop to install or click the three dots (top-right) to check for updates. I suggest installing the Photoshop update first (ACR gets updated automatically with Photoshop) followed by the Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having installed both the new apps I am pleased to say the issue has been resolved. "Edit in" from LR open PS 20.0.

I thank all you guys for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mickfish  wrote

I have also uninstalled both LR and PS, including previous versions via the Adobe app and re-installed.

Still having the same issue - LR opens PS v 19.1.1 and not v 19.1.6

Check your Applications folder. Lightroom can't open something that isn't there, so there must be a second copy of Photoshop somewhere.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines