• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2019 UNDO command does not work for Effects Controls

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Abode Premiere Pro 2019 update the "undo" command (ctrl+z) does not work on changing values in Effects Controls. If I make an edit in the timeline, then change a value in the Effect Controls, for example make opacity 50%, when I use ctrl+z it undoes the edit in the timeline, not the effect change in Effect Controls. Using the Edit>Undo menu option does not work either. I've tried this on Motion, Opacity, Lumetri and third party effects, nothing works. I have Premiere 2018 still installed and I've confirmed ctrl+z still works properly with that version.

Mac OS 10.13.6 on Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

It's an existing project I updated. But I just came back to my computer after exporting some files and I can't replicate the problem. I'm not sure what caused it or what fixed it, I haven't deleted prefs. I just exported some sequences to Media Encoder to render, came back and switched back to Premiere and now it's working fine. I'll update this post if it happens again. Thanks.

(And yes it's Command+Z I was trying on my Mac, I have a PC too but I was not using Control+Z on the Mac .)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't replicate your issue on my 2013 iMac using Premiere Pro CC 2019.

Effects control changes are undone by using Command+Z correctly on my system.

Are you working with an updated project or with a new project created in V13?

You might want trash your preferences:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an existing project I updated. But I just came back to my computer after exporting some files and I can't replicate the problem. I'm not sure what caused it or what fixed it, I haven't deleted prefs. I just exported some sequences to Media Encoder to render, came back and switched back to Premiere and now it's working fine. I'll update this post if it happens again. Thanks.

(And yes it's Command+Z I was trying on my Mac, I have a PC too but I was not using Control+Z on the Mac .)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jshannon00 I am having this exact same issue after upgrading to Premiere Pro 2019 (13.1.2) and it is SO frustrating. I held off on upgrading for a while, but some of the new features were intriguing, so I finally pulled the trigger. Really regretting it now.

Please fix Adobe! This is not resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's still a recurring issue for me. Unfortunately it's not one I know how to replicate on purpose. Usually it happens when I'm changing the Lumetri plugin values in the Effects Control panel, not in the Lumetri Panel itself. Then the Undo shortcut seems to stay focused on my recent Timeline edits, not my effect value changes. If it happens, try the good old "save and restart the app" trick. It usually stops doing this for a while. I work on a Mac Pro 2012 tower. Do you work on a Mac Pro 2010, 2012, 2013, or an iMac ikaloyan​? Or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently come across this super odd issue too. This is a bit more in depth than just the undo shortcut. I noticed that the "Cmd" button was jsut not responding so the save shortcut (cmd+s) and the quit shortcut (cmd+q) are also not responding. I can still do all these functions though, I just have to use the toolbar... a little annoying when you are trying to work efficiently.

I dont know if anyone else is getting the same issue of having to force quite premier at least half of the time when trying to quit the application? Might be some dodgy code somewhere not executing full commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue. When I'm working in the Source window marking ins and outs for a clip. If I want to go back one step and undo the in mark I just made PP will instead undo whatever my last timeline action was (in my case usually removing the last added clip from the timeline).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines