• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Space

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color space is messed up when going to PS from LR Classic and back in new release. All are set for ProPhoto. Did not have the problem with previous versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be specific, please. "Messed up" isn't very descriptive. Screenshots always help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom above

In PS below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is that this has nothing to do with color spaces, this must be something happening on re-import into Lightroom.

If you open a raw file from Lightroom into Photoshop, how does that look? Any difference there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That photo started from from a NEF raw file in LR. It looked fine after

editing in PS. But after exiting back to LR the photo was much darker and

the contrast was different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing something similar while transitioning an image that is edited B&W in Lightroom then opened in Photoshop....

once I open in Photoshop the image is no longer B&W... any ideas?

This is an issue I've had for the last month or so and can't figure out. Customer service is no help at all and deleting/reinstalling Ps didn't help. Also tried deleting preferences on Ps and Lr and it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing in PS with LR adjustments option?

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM lancek50039756 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it carries over all of the edits as far as I can tell, just not B&W  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lancek, I think you should start your own thread, I don't think it's the same issue. Jerrys problem is how the Photoshop image displays in Lightroom, not the other way round.

Since no one else has any suggestions, a shot in the dark. It looks almost like the vignette is treated globally and the gradient not displayed in Lightroom. In that case it's probably Photoshop writing the composite layer incorrectly.

So, try to make a copy without the vignette.

I never use Lightroom to process RGB files, only tag them, but I have certainly never seen anything like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and if that is indeed the case, could it be related to this?  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2547833

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is it. I found this last night. If I remove the gradient vignette

and exit it looks right. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. This would qualifiy as a Photoshop bug, not writing the composite layer correctly. The composite layer is what Lightroom reads and displays.

It might be dependent on other circumstances and not happening all the time, but I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems the root cause in Photoshop has been found.

Apparently PS has new "compositing" code to handle layer blending. There is now a checkbox in Preferences to use "Legacy Compositing". Check this, and you should hopefully be good to go:

compositing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines