• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where have my brushes' folders gone?

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I downloaded more than 200 brushes, including most of Kyle's brushes, and installed them in Photoshop cc 2018, in their respective folders. I tested and used several of the brushes. After closing and reopening Photoshop, all the downloaded folders were missing from the brushes panel. Only those (4) folders, which opened originally in the panel remain. Can anyone provide any explanation as to what may have caused the disappearance of all the brushes I downloaded and installed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had exactly the same issue twice. Photoshop crashed , then opened again and all the brushes were gone. The only solution was to re-load the back up of the brushes... form months ago unfortunately.

This seems to be a bug in Photoshop and looks like it is still not resolved.

I tried to look for the folder where Photoshop stores the brushes (Mac) but couldn’t find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Brush tool and right click inside the document area.

Click on the Cog icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the same issue!

To be clear, this is not a matter of not knowing how to load brushes, it seems to be connected with the Kyle brushes that were recently implemented into CC. Like just now, theyve all vanished! Except...there are ghostly remenements of Kyle brushes 'leftover' in my recently used panel, but not in the main panel??

so this is what I see now - notice 'General' 'Wet' 'Dry' etc. Anyone who's downloaded all of Kyle's brush packs can see i'm missing hundreds, so why are these ones spared? Why do I still have these ones? I havent saved these as a set theyre just...leftovers from a crash?

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.09.05.png

Try to load them in again, and PS takes you to 'Brushes' where they should be, but theyre gone. There's nothing in 'Tools' either

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.09.25.png

So to add to the mystery, before Kyle became part of Adobe I bought and downloaded 'Brushbox' as a PS plugin, specifically so arrange all of kyle's million_and_one brushes. It worked like a charm, but then of course a month later with the Kyle update to PS we got them arranged anyway, so the developer Derrick Barth had to go update his plugin for us.

When I use the Brushbox plugin now I can see all of Kyle's brushes still?? So theyre still here just in my plugin not in the main section?

So

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.09.45.png

So this is basically a lifesaver as i'm in the middle of a deadline. This seems like a bug, and its not really a solution to 'Just download them all again' - It takes ages to download and re-arrange (AND rename because all your brushes start with 'Kyle...' 'Kyle...' 'Kyle...') hundreds of brushes. Seems like a bug to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no reply?????? Please answer. My Brushes folder is empty save the legacy ones I imported.

I want to run the Oct 2018 upgrade but need to save my custom brushes first (and some I loaded from elsewhere) outside of CC as I gather they disappear (again!) with the update.

But where are they????

Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but that is MAC and I have windows.

BUT

in case it helps others:

I have been shown a workaround. In CC 2018, in the brush preset manager, you can highlight brushes or folders of brushes by clicking on them and just 'save' them to a file you know. So it doesn't matter if you don't know where they ARE, you know where you copy them too. Worst case scenario, copy them all back in if they disappear.

Especially useful for custom brushes created within PS.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines