Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about GPU requirements in Premiere pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am considering to get Premiere Pro for video editing and i think my system meets most of requirements except for the Vram in the GPU.

My card has 3gb Vram but the requirements says that it should be 4gb. I wonder if the program will work fine with 3gb or is it necessary to have 4gb for it to work at all?

I have listed the components in my system below. Will this system work for premiere pro?

Thank you for any help

My system:

Windows 10 pro 64

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD (windows)

Kingston SSD 240GB (steam)

WD desktop Black 4tb

Corsair vengeance DDR3 32gb 1600MHz

AMD FX 8350 4 GHZ

Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 directcu ii 3GB vram

MSI 970 gaming motherboard

Eizo 27” Coloredge CX271 2560x1440

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Hi davidt3027049,

Thank you for choosing Adobe Premiere Pro.

The performance for any video editing application is dependent not only on the system specifications but also on the project complexity, media properties (codec, resolution, frame rate etc), effects applied etc.

4GB VRAM is recommended for the 4k editing or VR editing. You can still use Adobe Premiere Pro CC with 3GB VRAM for simpler projects.

If you plan to work with higher resolution media (4K or higher) you may upgrade your GPU to NVIDI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidt3027049,

Thank you for choosing Adobe Premiere Pro.

The performance for any video editing application is dependent not only on the system specifications but also on the project complexity, media properties (codec, resolution, frame rate etc), effects applied etc.

4GB VRAM is recommended for the 4k editing or VR editing. You can still use Adobe Premiere Pro CC with 3GB VRAM for simpler projects.

If you plan to work with higher resolution media (4K or higher) you may upgrade your GPU to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or similar performing GPUs.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okej!

That's good to hear. I wanted to be sure before i did anything.

This was the information i needed!

Thank you for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines