• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition, 24% done after 6 days constant running in Elements 2018!?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Organizer Elements 2018 (Photoshop & Premiere)

The face recognition is activated, but it takes like forever and after 6 days of computer constant on only 24% of my 58 784 photos are completed.

I tried to select my catalog in Elements 13 and upgrade directly in Elements 2018 but after a few hours the upgrade just stopped (I guess I have to many files) so I started withe a downloaded 30-day test version and after 6 days constant on the installation is far from completed.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question for Steve.

I'm looking at reasons to get p pro vs 2018 but pe 2018, now can't do blu rays either, seems better to stay on 2015 to 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing some threads are answered quickly and some go days. As I get to knew the forum, just too ask a "sub question?".... Is the forum to be considered the prime support arena, with moderators and "sr." members responding....and I've seen some great answers....or just chat, with Adobe support, other avenues asked first.... then just chatted about here?.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josepha20834995  wrote

I'm noticing some threads are answered quickly and some go days. As I get to knew the forum, just too ask a "sub question?".... Is the forum to be considered the prime support arena, with moderators and "sr." members responding....and I've seen some great answers....or just chat, with Adobe support, other avenues asked first.... then just chatted about here?.

Thanks,

Josepha,

As mentioned in another post of yours, you are not in the video forum, you are in the Elements user to user forum. That may explain why you don't get answers.

Premiere Elements

User to user forums are not primarily 'Support' tools, they are ... forums where users can discuss freely. Obviously, forums will greatly help Adobe in their support task for many reasons:

- Adobe officially only supports the latest version or installation/activation issues

- Adobe support for Elements is only by chat to 'Customer Care'

- Adobe support staff is much less competent for older versions, various OS and driver issues than other users.

- Support is not for 'how to' questions which are generally quickly answered by volunteers, even if the Elements staff monitors the forum and post answers regularly.

- There is a 'feedback' forum: Photoshop Family Customer Community see the faqs (a great resource for support):

- faqs : Photoshop Elements

Have a look at unanswered questions: there are many reasons for Adobe staff or volunteers not to answer them. For instance, why would I answer to Stalleman (showing my ignorance...) since I don't care for face recognition (a cumbersome gadget for me). In such instances I only wait a few days, and people with the same issue will post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, do not write and use my question as a battleground!

My question is pretty straightforward and doesn't require a lectured answer.

If anyone feels they can contribute withe concrete and real information like:

If you have many photos (58 000) and like to keep the face recognition on its normal when:

- The processor has a minimal constant load of 75%.

- The information in the right corner of  the Adobe organizer 2018 window says 24% done (after 6 days constant running) and 29% done (after 7 days constant running).

I´m not interested in switching to Lightroom or a competitor or online web based solution (they all have there own issues like being to complex, unstable, old and not renewed or total makeover when ever and how often they want without giving the user heads up and possibility to NOT upgrade.

My photos and film-clips are my focus. I keep the files safe, scan large amount of paper and negatives and only does non destructive editing on originals, but saves edited photos and film clips that I've restored and reprinted, put on social media, CD's, DVD's and shared...

Adobe elements is just the tool I prefer to use and nothing more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stalleman,

Sorry for the disturbance...

Good luck for your enquiry.

Since I have no personal experience, you might have a look at the search feature in this forum for 'Elements face recognition' before you get first hand testimonies.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=Elements%20face%20recognition

Be patient, you don't get a lot of answers in the week end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem ...  tried optimizing catalog / repairing catalog - nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines