• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

everything on one slide

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I are using captivate 3.0. When I recorded, the actions are distributed on multiple slides. However her recording is displayed on one slide without mouse movement as I have. Do you know the reason? I compare our recording settings and can''t find differences. Thanks!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at the film strip in her editor, do you see a large camcorder icon?

If so, hers has been recorded using Full Motion capture while yours was recorded using the traditional capture that grabs each screen and makes it a separate slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your quick reply! I just reproduced her issue with my Captive 3.0. You are totally right!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm pleased to have helped you solve the mystery.

Just as an FYI, the screen by screen method is vastly superior to the Full Motion method for a host of different reasons.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for reminding me. I remember my another coworker has red screen issue and I found the suggestion is not use Full Motion mode. I checked his recording today and found it is recorded in Full Motion mode. I am wondering when to use Full Motion mode? Since I didn't see any benefit of it. It has no capability to edit the video as traditional screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Quite Frankly I think Full Motion mode was added in order to compete with products such as Camtasia Studio.

Even in slide-by-slide recording mode you have a possibility of entering Full Motion capture by using any clicks and drags.

* Dragging a Window from one place to another
* Selecting across some text
* Dragging the thumb or "elevator" of a scroll bar

Captivate will then co-mingle these brief bits of full motion with the slide-by-slide.

As you have said, it's not very flexible. What if you need to edit some sensitive information out? Perhaps a client account number? Stupid simple in slide-by-slide and next to impossible in Full Motion.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Rick! I am glad that we chose Captivate. I found that this software is very easy to use. I did lots of video edits after the video is done. Thanks again! You have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources