Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 seems to remember previous TOC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

During the last few days I have been noticing something really peculiar in RH7. I have a particular client for whom I have almost always worked on site. However, I wanted to finish a project off a bit faster, so during the last few days I started also working nights at home. I have been noticing the following phenomenon, for example:

1. i. I work at home. Do not update TOC.
ii. Zip up the whole RoboHelp project folder, and take it with me by email + diskonkey.

2. i. Work at client.
ii. Unzip whole RoboHelp project folder so that it is at identical disk location as at home.
iii. Update TOC.
iv. Zip up the whole RoboHelp project folder, and take it with me.
3. i. I work at home.
ii. Unzip whole RoboHelp project folder, as before.
iii. Load the RoboHelp project.
iv. I find that the TOC that I updated at my client has got lost. The TOC has reverted back to the previous TOC I had at home.

This has happened a few times. First time it happened, I thought I had lost all the work I had done at the previous site. But fortunately it was only the TOC that went missing.

It's almost as if the TOC is stored in some other folder that is external to my project folder, which I don't take with me coz I don't know what it is.

Any ideas?

TIA

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Avi

This would seem to suggest that for some reason when you unzip the files, they aren't actually overwriting the originals.

Perhaps try deleting the folder before you unzip the files?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp