• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018, Free Transform no preview and difficulty selecting handles

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, used to be able to select a layer and Free Transform with handles with live redraw for placement. Now when I select a corner (to resize or rotate), it resizes the visible selection block/indicator and gives me new handles and I can't see what I'm doing, it's just a guess. This problem is happening on text and object layers. (Not using smart objects for this project).

I've tried looking through preferences and options to no avail. It's almost like area select is turned on but I deselected that long ago.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using smart objects for this project

Why not?

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/963429

it resizes the visible selection block/indicator and gives me new handles and I can't see what I'm doing

When you have applied a transformation destructively and »Show Transform Controls« is checked that would seem to be what is to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered it has to be an option or preference that I haven't deselected.

I recently updated at work and am not having the same problem.

It has to be auto-select has reactivated. I'm going to check it tonight. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. When I use free transform it does not show the corner boxes you usually place your curser on to move the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Photoshop version you are using?

How do you invoke the transformation?

Please post screenshots including the pertinent UI elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. I see red circles instead of transform controllers or text selection. I tried it on layers and on simple shapes. When I try to edit text I don't see which part of the text is selected. Please see pictures below.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 22.17.41.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-07 at 22.18.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was also having this problem but I think if you go to preferences > tools then un-tick the Show Reference Point when using Transform that it solves the problem.Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 08.42.39.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines