• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC: Action List disappears after clicking the back arrow after executing an action

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this wasn't an issue in XI since the Action list came back after you finished executing an action and went back with the arrow...but after we upgraded to DC the Action List doesn't come back so you have to either exit the Action tool and go back in or click the hide arrow twice to reopen the list. the top Action bar is still there but you cannot see the Action list.  The hide arrow indicates that it should be showing.

It is annoying and time consuming when trying to test out a new action.

Anyone figure out how display the list without all the extra steps? I looked at all the options, but unless I missed something I'm thinking it's a bug.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Welp, it's been a while but it looks like the latest update for this older version (2015.006.30352) finally fixed this issue or because we just recently updated to Win10...or both? whatever the case, Actions List doesn't disappear anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skinjp,

As per the issue description mentioned above, action list is not visible when clicking back arrow after running an action in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and try again.

2- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

3- If that doesn't work, try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu ( for Windows OS only), reboot the machine after repair and check.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's correct.

DC was installed (fresh install after XI was removed) over a month ago so rebooting isn't the problem.

Last update was 7/10/2018, I checked the Action List again after the update and it is still not showing up after executing/running an action, so this is also a non-issue.

Nothing to repair, fresh install and everyone else on the team (10+ people, upgraded, not a fresh install) experiences the same problem.

Not sure if you tried to duplicate it on your system....but if it was an installation issue, at least one person on the team should not have this problem.

Windows 7

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skinjp,

Thanks for the info. I tried replicating the issue on my machine but the issue was not reproducible. Could you try resetting preferences for Acrobat on one of the machines using the steps given in this link and check? How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply...however

Again, I'm actually checking on a fresh install but I did reset the preferences and I still have the minimizing (disappearing) action list problem. You don't even need to execute the action to get this problem.

1. click Action Wizard

2. click any action you have in your menu, don't even need to click Start...

3. click the ← arrow to go back to the Action List

4. confirm that you want to exit this action

5. List is gone/minimized

Pretty sure this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skinjp,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I followed the steps you mentioned above but the issue was not reproducible. Please find below the screenshots for the same.

Could you try installing the latest patch for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu.

Reboot the machine once after installing update and try again.

Also, please confirm Acrobat dot version you are using on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working

Acrobat Pro DC version is 2015.006.30457 <- this is the latest version (just checked) as of 2018/11/30 (JST)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skinjp,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run cleaner tool on the machine to uninstall Acrobat: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

2- Reboot the machine

3- Download and install Acrobat from here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

4- Reboot the machine again and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: you use a old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, it's been a while but it looks like the latest update for this older version (2015.006.30352) finally fixed this issue or because we just recently updated to Win10...or both? whatever the case, Actions List doesn't disappear anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines