• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 13.0 and 4th Gen Intel processor?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I know the "new" requirements for Premiere CC state that you need a 6th generation Intel processor on Win 10, but has anyone tried it on older processors such as 5th and 4th gen?

I have an old i7 4771, but the rest of the system is OK: W10, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 (which is not listed as "supported" but works just as fine) and 4 SSDs to distribute the tasks.

I know I should be upgrading, but a change in processor means a change in mobo and RAM... My question is: Is the 6th gen requirement a real "condition" or do old processors work -not as fast, obviously- just like the ton of non-approved GTX Nvidia cards that work just as fine as the approved ones.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

I need to figure out what matters. For example, H264/HEVC hardware acceleration is simply not present on the CPUs prior to certain generations. So I/you would not have that. But so far, the CUDA acceleration is turning on.

I just added an SSD system drive. I don't know that any routine editing is any different; but booting up is a whole different world!

Edit: Yes, 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one way to find out: try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. But then again I was trying to save me the pain of having to revert to a previous version if the incompatibility breaks all hell loose on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now ridiculously below spec. I have not pushed the system (except for a demanding H.264 export), but it is working. That does not mean that some features will not work.

First generation i7 930, GTX 760 with only 2GB of VRAM. Otherwise, okay: Win 10, 24GB RAM, 4K monitor.

Even more motivated to get a new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that on version 13.0? If so, wow! Please report if you feel it lags or doesn't perform as before.. and thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to figure out what matters. For example, H264/HEVC hardware acceleration is simply not present on the CPUs prior to certain generations. So I/you would not have that. But so far, the CUDA acceleration is turning on.

I just added an SSD system drive. I don't know that any routine editing is any different; but booting up is a whole different world!

Edit: Yes, 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, it's very useful to know that you can access some of the new and improved features an that the new version is not just plain incompatible with older processors,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines