• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faulting application AdobeCollabSync.exe

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the computer starts or when opening Acrobat DC the Adobe Collaboration Synchronization fails. How do I fix it or stop it? I have run the repair with negative results.  Here is the error:

Faulting application name: AdobeCollabSync.exe, version: 19.8.20071.41678, time stamp: 0x5ba3178d

Faulting module name: AdobeCollabSync.exe, version: 19.8.20071.41678, time stamp: 0x5ba3178d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00221cd1

Faulting process id: 0xc88

Faulting application start time: 0x01d45fcb85fff1fe

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AdobeCollabSync.exe

Please advise, Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Hi Ivan,

Could you try removing Acrobat using cleaner tool found here:  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart the computer and then reinstall Acrobat from here - Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Reboot the machine once again and check?

If issue still persists, try replicating the issue into new admin account and check. Please refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

AdobeCollabSync.exe error in Acrobat

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xaxtor-2013,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting error Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer has stopped working when computer boots or when launching Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you try launching Acrobat as an administrator using the steps given in the following link and check if that resolves the issue?

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Also, try disabling security software temporarily for testing purposes and check if this behavior continues.

You may also visit the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the assistant but after go trying your suggestion I am still getting the same results.

What is next?

Ivan Molina

IT Manager - Sales and Marketing

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

Could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

If that doesn't work, try following steps:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\locate AdobeCollabSync.exe

Right-click > Properties > Compatibility > check the bix run this program in compatibility mode for and select Win7 from the list

Click Apply OK, reboot the machine and check.

Also, let us know the operating system you are using on the machine?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, I did after uninstalling completely with negative results the pop-up error keeps coming up at re-start or when the application is opening.  I have seen more users posting on the same error what is telling me it is something in the code that is not compatible with some systems and or apps…  Your thoughts?

Ivan Molina

IT Manager - Sales and Marketing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me, thanks!

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\locate AdobeCollabSync.exe

Right-click > Properties > Compatibility > check the bix run this program in compatibility mode for and select Win7 from the list

Click Apply OK, reboot the machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issues on multiple machines as well... I'm running updated software, the colab synch version is 19.8.20080.44583 and it does this every time acrobat dc is opened. The only solution that's worked so far is to rename the AdobeCollabSync.exe file so it doesn't get loaded when acrobat starts.

The issue may be related to corrupt Windows registry keys associated with AdobeCollabSync.exe I'm looking into this further to see if there's a viable solution available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok sound good, let me know if I need to rename anything myself or if you are going to send an update package.

Best regards,

Ivan Molina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

Could you try removing Acrobat using cleaner tool found here:  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart the computer and then reinstall Acrobat from here - Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Reboot the machine once again and check?

If issue still persists, try replicating the issue into new admin account and check. Please refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give this a try.  ( the issue is driving me crazy now)

Ivan Molina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam, Acrobat is opening faster and to the PDF but I still have the synchronizing error notification at first logging to the PC. It take sevral click on the “X” to close the error window. Thanks for your good work and help

Ivan Molina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to informed fix did not work, back to original error.

Ivan Molina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

As you have tried replicating the issue in new user account as well, please visit this link to contact support:

Contact Customer Care

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines