Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 9.12 - Adjustment Brush Pins Missing

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am at a loss, recently the pins (marking the adjustments made on the image) in the adjustment brush tab of Camera Raw have disappeared. I have visible adjustments made (i.e. I can hit to preview changes and see that there are visible adjustments on the image) but there are no pins to mark where the adjustment has been made.

This makes it impossible for me to click on a pin to copy the settings to a new brush (on another image, for example) or to switch between pins and perhaps delete an earlier adjustment (would have to clear all and start again).

Is there a way to turn the pins on and off? Or is this something that happened in a recent update? I am using version 9.12, opening images from adobe bridge into ACR to then open into photoshop.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

I've had similar problems and had to turn off GPU acceleration in Camera RAW Preferences.  As you can see below, I have re-enabled that feature now after a couple of video card driver updates.  So turn it off and see if it fixes it. If the answer is yes, make sure you have the latest driver for your video card From The Card Maker's Site

If still out of luck, come back and tell us your operating system?

Is it a laptop, or does it have two GPUs?  If yes, how are they set in the GPU preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type v or put a check mark in the Overlay option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's not the problem, the overlay option is already checked. But the pins still aren't visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this has just been recently happening, I would try resetting Camera Raw Preferences. Here's forum regular Benjamin Root to explain how.

How To: Reset Camera Raw Preferences - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting CR preference on my iMac worked! Thanks for this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar problems and had to turn off GPU acceleration in Camera RAW Preferences.  As you can see below, I have re-enabled that feature now after a couple of video card driver updates.  So turn it off and see if it fixes it. If the answer is yes, make sure you have the latest driver for your video card From The Card Maker's Site

If still out of luck, come back and tell us your operating system?

Is it a laptop, or does it have two GPUs?  If yes, how are they set in the GPU preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor.Dennis, that seems to be the issue! I will check if I have the latest driver for my video card and then re-enable. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same problem but I am using Camera Raw 10.3 on a Mac.  Any suggestions about fixing this problem on this system??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines