• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update to 2019 now all apps Trial

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a 100 device license for Creative Cloud that does not expire until July 2019.  Today I updated to the latest versions of the apps which appear to be 2019 versions, and now all the apps say 'Start Trial' and if opened, prompt me that I have 7 days.

What the heck is going on?  I would contact Adobe Support directly but frankly I had to do that earlier this summer when they failed to update our account when we renewed and all the apps stopped working...and it took them about a month to fix it and then never even contacted me to tell me it was fixed - so no faith there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Thank you all for the feedback and patience.  For more information on how to utilize CC 2019 applications see Apps not available in Creative Cloud Packager | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that you are getting an error for trial. Kindly follow steps shared in the link for help:

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Kindly let us know if this helps!

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps but nothing worked.  I have no host entries to remove and because this is a device assigned license logging in or out of CC does nothing.

I am seeing the same issue on a Windows machine (I am on a Mac) so I put my Mac onto a mobile hotspot in case it was our WiFi somehow but it does the exact same thing.  Also through I did follow everything and was able to connect to the activation servers so should not have been our network anyway but wanted to eliminate that.

My computer is listed as licensed when I go to Manage Teams...nothing has changed at all except the upgrade to 2019 software.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your deployments - do they include the "Creative Cloud Desktop Application"?  If so, that might be the culprit.  I had a number of schools that had included that within their device package and all of them are having the issue.  There is some documentation that recommends deselecting it when creating the device package.  Adobe is aware that you cannot have named user and device licensing on the same computer and when you include the "Creative Cloud Desktop Application" it can break the device package.  However, it seems like the bigger issue is that the new apps that were released are based on their Sensei technology and are going to be more in line with how Adobe XD was licensed, which was only in the Named User license packages.  The problem is when you include the Creative Cloud Desktop Application it can think or appear as if you are a Named User which is why those users got the banner saying update to 2019 and then they experienced the same issues many of you appear to be experiencing. 

I have also included specific language that addressed the fix and why it happened that I shared with a client earlier today too in the hope that this helps:

"If you have packaged Creative Cloud applications for device licenses in the admin console based on the banner message in the Creative Cloud Packager, please note that the software will have to be uninstalled and a new package will need to be created using the stand alone version of the Creative Cloud Packager. The banner message is meant to communicate that the CC2019 version and updates released on October 15 are not available for device based licensing and will not be supported moving forward. A package for devices built in the console will automatically deploy the Creative Cloud Desktop application requiring users to sign in and ultimately breaking your licensing. Those devices will potentially also fail to activate.

Please follow these uninstall instructions and create a new package for installation."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Meanwhile, have a look at the answer in this related discussion.

Creative Cloud for Teams applications reverted to trial on home PC

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue.  Must be a problem with the licensing site.  Hopefully it will clear up after Adobe gets enough notice that an issue exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are 100 device licenses as well.  I wonder if the device licenses are the only ones affected?  I did notice that acrobat dc worked but photoshop goes to trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? It made our software inaccessible after the update today too. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to read that you are having problems, and that there have been issues in getting a response from our support team in the past.

As a short-term fix, you should be able to reinstall the CC2018 versions of the applications to have your licenses work again.

I would encourage you to contact support via our website at Contact Customer Care or from within your Admin Console at https://adminconsole.adobe.com/

Further information can be found in our documentation here: Licensing overview 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I understand about reinstalling... We have over 80 devices with the software so reinstalling is just not an option.

The only option for us is for Adobe to fix everything as it is obvious it is at that end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the newly released versions of Creative Cloud applications are not compatible with device licenses nor serial numbers, so I'm afraid that downgrading is the only option here aside from using named-user licensing, as mentioned in our documentation:

Manage your Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

You can create an uninstall package and a package containing the earlier versions of the relevant applications with Creative Cloud Packager.

Please note, that installing the Creative Cloud Desktop application on systems with device licenses is not recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was that documentation sent out to subscribers?  It is also wrong as it states 2017 is the last that will work but 2018 did.

Frankly I feel that Adobe have just stolen thousands from us - we are a school, we have used Adobe products for years and ALWAYS used device licensing which makes sense in an education environment. 

This is an absolute joke and disgrace - so we renewed the license this summer, no one said anything about there being an issue going forward and now the we get zero benefit for spending all the money we did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get that feeling too, huh? 

The most annoying part about this is that I wanted to update because I'm getting complaints from my users about bugs and instability in the last release of the 2018 applications.  Now either i have to attempt to roll back further with yet another uninstall / reinstall or try to get the current release to behave.

Being a school, device licensing is the only one that does make sense.  For one thing, you have the whole "online accounts for users under 18 (or under 13)" issue, which in my state is actually kind of a big deal.  The other is the additional costs, managing the licenses, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - as I said it makes sense to Adobe sure they get hundreds of new users and all their information but for a K-12 school it is just a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an IT technician in a school with 55 device licenses installed.  Are you saying that instead of just updating these 55 machines, we have to uninstall the full suite on the 55 machines, reinstall it again AND now manage the Adobe IDs of the hundreds of students who use the software.  How can this possibly be seen as an improvement????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly why we do device licenses - we have 100 licences and about 50 student machines but 500 students - why the heck would I want to do user licensing and have to make every single student have an adobe account....of course it makes sense for adobe but zero sense for customers.

So here is a question then - can the licenses be converted?  The price for 100 licenses is the same as a site of user licenses so can Adobe convert them at least so we could use them as you've already got our money without the main benefit of the subscription which is keeping up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martinc38102340  The other thing is your licenses are device not user so unless Adobe can convert the license you would have to pay again to get the user licenses.  Cost wise a site license for users is the same as 100 devices but if you only have 55 licences that equates to what, 275 users (as the cost seems to equate to 1 device is same cost as 5 users) so if you have more than 275 possible users you have to pay more. 

This is exactly the issue - in a school anyone and everyone could use the software thus devices, so we would have to have enough user licenses to cover every single student and staff member which is stupid.

I am maybe not surprised as I had wanted to look at Adobe Spark for example which is free K-12 but as our K-4 students, but you need accounts.....why should we have to create or administer Adobe accounts for a Kindergartener that is also just stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting.  Care to explain why none of this was mentioned prior to us renewing our device based licensing in August this year? At no point was it mentioned that Adobe CC 2019 wouldn't support Device based licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  I see no reason for it not to be supported, especially for existing customers.  I feel like the rugs been taken out from under our feet and we've spent thousands of pounds on something which is now non-functional.  Our renewal is on November 16th and I think if nothing changes they'll have lost a loyal customer over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bouncing around for a couple of days now, so do we have a definitive plan of action from Adobe?  Spefically:

• My school has device licensing for 55 machines, with around 400 students.  Are you saying that we cannot upgrade to the latest versions of the software without a) changing our licensing model and b) creating Adobe IDs for all the students and teachers?
  • Will we have to pay extra to switch to per-named user licensing?

If per-device licensing really is no longer an option, then why is it still mentioned on the Adobe website - Creative Cloud for education | Educational institutions.  Surely this is false advertising and illegal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dominic, this thread has clearly not been "asnswered".  There are too many different versions of the way forward coming out of Adobe, and am I the only who has spotted that there iis a webinar scheduled for 31st October titled "Getting Started with Creative Cloud for Education (Device License)"?  It is onconceivable that the webinar is going to say "sorry you can't use device licensing anymore on the latest versions of the software".  Why can't anyone in Adobe find out what is actually going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree Martin, nothing that we have been told is in anyway a fix, or even a suggestion with the exception of uninstalling the entire suite and reinstalling from a previous build (assuming you have one). 

i honestly think the problem is no one knows, or at lease no one who is talking to any of us customers knows....our vendor did not know, other schools in my state I have talked to did not know and it just seems like Adobe have made this decision, put it in a support document that I guess is my fault for not ramdomly come across, and here we are.

My question is this....we need clarification!  One page talks about CC2019 not being included in the Cloud Packager and gives another way....so does that mean if I build a new package for CC2019 everything will work with device licences?  Another article or information says device licences are not supported past 2017 so which one is it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just ran into this same problem and after a less than helpful chat support session found this thread and articles online, the support agent didn't even know about the changes!

It's ridiculous that Adobe would think that for education sector this is a acceptable change blinded by the $$$ no doubt.

The right thing to do would be to allow device licenses to be converted to named ones so at least we can continue to get the updates that we paid for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is on Adobe's own documentation that we received from our vendor this summer when our renewal was close:

K-12 Site Device licenses*

• Complete set of Creative Cloud desktop applications (services not included)

• Licenses for each computer, rather than each user (ideal for labs)

• Scalable deployment for a school site or district

• Flexible license terms from 1–4 years

• US$25 per license per year with minimum purchase of 100 licenses per school site and 500 per district**

This document is copyright 2018 and there is not a single mention of the removal of upgrade support.  Adobe need to fix this problem ASAP - at least if we can PLAN to move to user licensing that is one thing but where there is zero mention of this issue from Adobe it is just simply unacceptable to say the very least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same problem today at my school as well.  We have 50 device licenses and updated the suite this morning, only to find that nothing now works.  I was under the impression that buying the Creative Cloud licenses yearly ensures the latest software updates all the time, but it seems that was a lie.

If anyone from Adobe is reading this thread, you owe your customers an explanation.  Is this a bug in the new releases that will be fixed soon, or is this a decision that you've made to deliberately rip us off?  It's unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines