• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Essential Graphics, the typed text does not display

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premier Pro 2018 CC, in Essential Graphics if I select a Basic Title and add it to my timeline and then using the text tool create a text box, the text I type in does not display--everything stays black.  However, it is there and will display when you preview the video.  But there is no way to edit the text since it does not display when you attempt to use the Text tool.

The odd thing is that I am using Premier Pro on two separate desktop computers running windows 10.  The problem above exists on one, but not on the other. I have tried forcing Premier Pro to create a new Layout folder and also starting Premier Pro with the Alt key depressed.  Noting words.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after yesterday's update to Adobe Premier Pro CC 2019 on both desktops, the problem now exists on both my desktop computers. The first screen capture below of is of my test video running and displaying a simple title graphic.  In the second one, once the video is stopped the text disappears and only the frame of the text box appears. This makes it very difficult to edit the text.  About all you can do is use the text tool to select all the text, as indicated in the third screen capture, delete what is selected and retype what you want.  Not very good--and not the way it was in the recent past.

I am sure the fix is simple, and someone else must have encountered this.

Screen capture 1

This is a test in play mode.JPG

Screen capture 2

This is a test in stopped mode.JPG

Screen capture 3

This is a test in editing mode.JPGnow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; not an expert in the graphics panel.

It appears to be working for me. Except that when I do what you say (EGP, drag "basic title" to timeline, select text tool, click in program monitor and type) it adds another EGP "clip" to the timeline with whatever text I type. The text remains visible; pause or playing video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot reproduce on a windows desktop either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for me, the added text only displays when playing the video or tapping and holding the position indicator on the timeline on both my desktop windows 10 computers.  Then I got the idea of trying it on my Surface Book 2.  So I signed out of the Creative Cloud on one  of the desktops and signed in on the Surface Book 2.  I created the same test project, and, as you can see from the screen capture below, the entered text is visible in Edit mode when the video is paused. 

But here is the catch, on this laptop I have not yet updated the applications to the new 2019 versions.  Is there something in settings, etc. that I should try to capture before updating so that it will also work after the update--and that I can uses in the application on my other computers?

This is a test of surface book.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor scaling set to anything other than 100% can cause this, as can some GPU driver mismatch issues.

Maybe other things, but those I know of.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have found a workaround in the forum at  Program monitor keeps going black in Premiere Pro CC

The article's suggestion of setting the paused resolution to 1/2 worked, as did the suggestion, and I quote: "As soon as your video goes black, simply click the Eyeball icon off/on of the layer the footage is on. Presto, the video stays on permanently"

Perhaps, someone can explain how this fixes things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually going to File > Project Settings > General and setting the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only seems a better solution.

I had these two desktop computers built when Windows 8 arrived for the first and then a year later for the second one.  So they are a bit dated.  However, the Surface Book 2 is obviously an almost new machine, and that could explain the problem on the desktops and no problem for the Surface Book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines