• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open premiere pro cc2017 on my Mac Pro these days. Every time It says: "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Is there any way to solve this problem? My Mac Pro has latest system which is macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

I found the solution and I thought I posted it here but it looks that I didn't, my bad.

I can't find the link again but all I had to do was go to

Users ---> My Profile----->Library -----> Application Support --- then changed the name of the folder ADOBE to OldAdobe

then

Users ----> My Profile---->  Library ----> Preferences --- did as above

then

Users ----> My Profile -----> Documents -----> as above

Then restarted Premiere and it was working. I hope this helps.

Peace

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI MaxCN.Sushi,

Sorry for the issue. Please try the steps in this article Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup  & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I tried the steps in that document and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I have the same error on windows 10. I have an inbuilt IntelHD Graphics P530 GPU and nvidia  Quadro m2000m

In order to get premiere to use the better m2000m it was suggested I disabled the P530 in device manager but when I do that and launch premiere I get the 'could not dins video modules.... ' error. I followed your link but that did not help.

I tried going to the nvideo control panel 3d settings - and change the gpu in the adobe prmeire profile but that had no effect

In the post above that suggests renaming folders, I cannot find the library folder under my profile not sure why

There have been many posts on this but can you give me the official adobe solution to resolve this, and still use the better m2000m gpu please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaxCN.Sushi,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue, but I don't know how to do the steps in the article without doing something weird to my computer. Does anybody know how I can solve this issue on a macbook pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post more specs about your machine and OS: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Also, it's not clear what you mean about not being able to follow the steps in the article (linked to above) without "doing something weird" to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

How do you "check for permissions in the user library folder"? This is a bit vague for someone who never needs to go in to the Library folder...

Kind regards,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Please check this article for instructions to fix permissions:

fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks but that hasn't worked either. I still get this come up... yet it loads up fine on my other user name. I've never adjusted any of the settings or preferences. It always used to work but stopped a couple of years ago, so I continued to use it on the other user name but am now fed up and would like to have it launch on my main user account.

Kind regards,

Phil

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 10.21.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Looks like you are crashing as the Neat Video plug-in loads. What happens if you remove the plug-in? If it loads, you may need to update this software. Please let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for your advice. I've removed the plug-in and it now just stops at this point...

I suspected this wouldn't really change anything though, as Neat video was a fairly recent addition. This problem has been going on for a year or so.

Regards,

Phil

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.53.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan Gruenwedel,

Can you check my reply on this thread and advise with what needs to be done ?

Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohamad: I am not in support but I can try to help. First thing I'd try is installing the previous (2017) version of Premiere Pro and see if the same problem occurs. You can find previous versions in the CC for Desktop app.

screenshot_1519.png

There are also documented issues using the very latest macOS (High Sierra), which you are running: macOS High Sierra (10.13) compatibility FAQ | Creative Cloud

You will want to determine whether this is a Premiere Pro 2018 specific issue or a macOS 10.13 issue.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another option that I didn't find any answer for anywhere but I could solve on my own, actually:

Having a hybrid graphic driver (like nVidia Optimus + intel, like in my P71 Thinkpad) and having it set to "discrete" caused this problem for me.
Although having set the graphic driver to "discrete" rarely caused any problems in earlier Adobe products and other software, I didn't expect it to be the cause of the current problems I had:

• Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules.
  • Having the whole system crash after quitting Premiere (still to be validated, but it seems to be related to the other issues)
  • After Effects crashing right at startup

After actually enabling hybrid mode, those products run fine again.

I thought it was important to mention it here because I think in the Adobe troubleshooting, they advise the opposite for Radeon graphic cards. Well, for nVidia, the opposite can be true as well.

So my advice is, if you have a hybrid graphic card, and it's an nVidia+Intel combo, try to go into the BIOS and set it to "hybrid" instead of "discrete".

I also didn't notice much of a performance change, but why should I, most of the processing is done on the CPU anyway and I think GPU effects will still be rendered on the most-capable GPU found (in my case the Quadro P4000) and best of it all is: It works again.

Maybe you can try to reproduce this and add it to your troubleshooting guide! Maybe it will help others who have set their laptop to "discrete graphic" (more people than you might think have done it to increase system-wide video performance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed Premiere Pro CC for the first time on my device yesterday and I am having the same problem.

I made sure that Mac OS: [drive]/Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/   has Read&write .

And I tried the steps in this article

the steps in this article Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

This is my device specs

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 2.48.16 AM.png

And this is what appears to me when I run Premiere Pro CC

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 2.52.34 AM.png

What should I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem! What this thread is suggesting is not working!

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 22.40.21.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-06 at 22.39.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue as well. I was running El Capitan and getting this notification. I called Adobe and they told me to update my computer & graphics card drivers (I have intel iris 6100.) All updated, launched Premiere Pro, and, same notification that it cannot run. I'm stumped, and more than a little annoyed that this has taken up my workday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having the same problem trying to open Premiere Pro in my new MacBook Pro with a Radeon pro 650 and MacOSSierra 10.12.6. HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE????

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution and I thought I posted it here but it looks that I didn't, my bad.

I can't find the link again but all I had to do was go to

Users ---> My Profile----->Library -----> Application Support --- then changed the name of the folder ADOBE to OldAdobe

then

Users ----> My Profile---->  Library ----> Preferences --- did as above

then

Users ----> My Profile -----> Documents -----> as above

Then restarted Premiere and it was working. I hope this helps.

Peace

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nico,

This indicates an Adobe folder permissions issue. Sorry that happened.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin

That't what I did and it worked...no idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this Nicok, this has finally solved the problem for me. Nothing anyone else has suggested has worked. I don't know why Adobe can't just sent out an update or patch for this, as it only took me a few seconds to correct a problem I've had for 3 years...

Anyway, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there MWS media, and I am not even a computer expert! I am glad it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue and it didnt work for me !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines