• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issue with AE 2018 Motion Graphic Templates in 2019 Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When bringing in a Motion Graphic template from a CC library that was authored in After Effects 2018 to a timeline in Premiere Pro 2019 the font will change on certain templates. Is this a known bug? I can go and make all the templates again in AE 2019 but that will take a very long time. Thanks for any response on this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Hi Chris,

I opened up your project in AE to investigate and it looks like you're using the Cinema 4D renderer which means that it is a Mogrt that requires Dynamic Link to render.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 1.48.24 PM.png

Unfortunately, since AE did not release an emergency patch in tandem with PR, the fix for Dynamic Link AE Mogrts won't be available until the next patch.

Apologies for the inconvenience and I will update this channel as soon as the next patch is live,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue.

I've even converted the file to AE 2019 format and loaded that into Premiere Pro. Whenever I change the text on the template, the font reverts to what I think is the default of Myriad Pro?

Here's an example - just a simple intro I use for some YouTube videos.

2018-10-17-20-21-06 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for the issues you are seeing and thank you for raising it to us. Would you mind trying a workaround for me to see if we can at least temporarily resolve your issue?

1. Launch the latest version of AE (16.0)

2. Go to Menu Bar and select File > Open

3. Choose your Mogrt

4. You will be prompted to select a folder to unpack the Mogrt to, please choose your location on disk

5. This will open the .AEP up

6. Open the Essential Graphics Panel and re-export the Mogrt. (save to Local Templates Folder)

7. Launch PR and add the newly exported Mogrt to a sequence

We have had success with the correct font displaying when re-exported from the most recent release of AE. Lemme know if you see the results that you need to move forward.
Hope this helps,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, re-exported the Motion Graphics Template from After Effects, but the font is changed in Premier 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do this because we are using CC libraries to access these graphics. Can you please provide another temp solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problemo ntp45062662​!

The first thing you want to do is get a copy of your Mogrt saved Locally.

1. Open the EGP and make sure the "My Templates" tab is selected

2. Check the "Libraries" filter on to only see the Mogrts in your CC Libraries

3. Right Click on the Mogrt you need to convert

4. Select "Copy to Local"

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.40.15 AM.png

5. Navigate to the Motion Graphics Template folder where your Mogrts are saved Locally by default (here are the pathways)

• (mac) username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Template/
  • (win) ://Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Template/

6. I usually sort by most recently added so that the newly copied Mogrt is at the very top

7. Duplicate it and move it to your desktop or somewhere that is convenient

Now do the following:

1. Launch the latest version of AE (16.0)

2. Go to Menu Bar and select File > Open

3. Choose your Mogrt

4. You will be prompted to select a folder to unpack the Mogrt to, please choose your location on disk

5. This will open the .AEP up

6. Open the Essential Graphics Panel and re-export the Mogrt. (save to Local Templates Folder)

7. Launch PR and add the newly exported Mogrt to a sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on a fix that will be releases ASAP.

Sorry about all of the inconvenience and thanks for the help identifying the problem.

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you possibily tell when the fix/update will be relased? The workaroud method works correctly, but in my case I have over 100 motion graphic templates and it is time consuming to open every of them in AE, then save again, then reimport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem with Premiere 2019.

Templates that were created with 2018 firstly can't be rendered, they crash Premiere when trying to RAM preview them. I've had to re-import the templates for graphics in a production, but now when I edit the text the font is changed.

I've had to re-install 2018 to get around this for the time being. How you let 2019 to be released with a major bug like this, is beyond me. We shouldn't have to follow a messy 14 step fix to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I'm very excited to let y'all know that the patch is ready for you! If you don't see the update for 13.0.1 in your CC App, use the hamburger menu and select "Check for App Updates" to trigger the availability of the new version. Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.36.25 PM.png

I do want to note that this will resolve issue for Mogrts made in older versions of AE, except for Mogrts that require Dynamic Link. After Effects did not release an emergency patch in tandem so those will be resolved in the next patch.

Thank you for all of your patience!

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I don't know about you but update 13.0.1 did not solve my font problem.

As you can see on the screenshot, the used mogrt template is not using the original font in after drag and drop on timeline.

Any help?

All the best,

Yannick

Problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yannick,

Can you please send me the Mogrt that's giving you a hard time so I can investigate further?

In the meantime, a few questions:

1. Is is possible that this Mogrt requires Dynamic Link? If so, the fix does not cover DL Mogrts because AE did not release an EPatch.

2. Is it possible that the font you need is not installed on your computer and / or needs to be sync'd from Typekit?

3. Have you tried re-exporting the Mogrt from AE 2019 (16.0)?

Thanks so much,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the update did not fix the issue for me as well. In response to your questions -

1. Does not require a Dynamic link.

2. Font is installed on my computer.

3. I won't be able to export a new Mogrt from 2019 because there are many graphics in CC libraries that were created from 2018 v15.1.2. Creating new graphics would not allow editors still using Premiere 2018 to use the graphics.

Let me know if you know how to correct this. Thanks.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Can you please send me some of the Mogrts that are giving you issues so I can investigate further?

Can you also tell me what OS and version you are on?

Thanks,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is High Sierra (10.13.6)

MOGRT - WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I opened up your project in AE to investigate and it looks like you're using the Cinema 4D renderer which means that it is a Mogrt that requires Dynamic Link to render.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 1.48.24 PM.png

Unfortunately, since AE did not release an emergency patch in tandem with PR, the fix for Dynamic Link AE Mogrts won't be available until the next patch.

Apologies for the inconvenience and I will update this channel as soon as the next patch is live,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when they plan on releasing the next patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now This Production,

Do you know when they plan on releasing the next patch?

Sorry, release dates are not published in advance because of legal obligations. That said, we are rather predictable in the time periods when we release updates. Sorry that we can't help you more in this regard.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.

I have a MOGRT that uses Bebas 1.4, and when it's dragged onto the timeline it switches to myriad pro.

I've updated to build 13.0.1, and the MOGRT doesn't require dynamic link.

This issue has occured on my computer (Windows 10) and on a Macbook Pro running OSx 10.3.4.

I tried removing all versions of Bebas off of the computers and re-syncing the Adobe Fonts version, but the issue persisted.

The Mogrt can be found here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ntp45062662,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please confirm if any Adobe fonts (Typekit fonts)  were used in the motion graphics templates.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Typekit fonts where used. Calibre is the name of the font both Semibold and Bold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ntp45062662,

Thanks for the information. We do have multiple instances of such issues reported and we are currently investigating the issue. Please also confirm, are you able to see this missing font in the Essential Graphics panel, when you create a new text-based graphics and try to set the font through the Essential Graphics panel.

Thanks,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I can't speak to OP but I can confirm the font used in my video above does show in the Essential Graphics panel (and I've been able to create new graphics with it).

Regards,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here. It's a locally installed TTF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue, even after the most recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines