• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Training For Captivate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for recommendations on the best way to get training on Captivate 3. I'm not a Book Learner more of a hands on.. So either In Person or Online is fine..

But before I invest 100's of bucks in training I want to make sure i'm getting something worth the money.. I found some stuff online for CD's of Training step by steps but When i listened to samples of it.. There is no way i would spend money on their stuff.. can't understand the speaker and they were really "boring" stuttering the whole way through there 2 minute sample.

If training in Person prefer it to be in the Houston Area for Cost reasons. My company will most likely send me to training locally when they don't have to fork out additional money for AirFair/Car/Hotel ect..

Thanks in advance for your recommendation..

PS information about me..

using Captivate 3 ..(i dont' want Captivate 4 training)
New user to Captivate.. (no exp. with Flash) Exp i do have is with Adobe Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks

So I need someone that can teach me the ropes in a short amount of time for what I need to create for my company.

Thanks again in advance for your recomendations!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Starla94!

I've taken a couple of Adobe classes through Lodestone Digital. They're an Adobe Authorized training facility with a center in Houston.

http://www.lodestone.com/contact/houston.cfm

They don't have any Captivate 3 classes scheduled right now, but I'd give them a call and see what they can do.

Another alternative is http://www.Lynda.com. The training classes I've taken through them have been excellent.

Hope this helps... ~Anna~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna.

I am also looking for training but in printed format (for captivate 4). Are there any pdf's etc you know of that I can download to get started with captivate 4?

Anthony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anthony.  You might want to check out the printed workbook by Kevin Siegel of IconLogic.  That is the book used by many of the Captivate instructors certified by Adobe.  It costs about $35 USD but I think you'll have to add another $12 - $15 for shipping.  You can find it at http://www.iconlogic.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources