• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 lagging (WIN)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated Premiere to the v13.0 2019 version the update went fine and it worked the first day using it. However, now it just keeps lagging and being really unresponsive, taking far longer to quick render clips or just do anything. I've also recently upgraded my RAM to meet more than expectations of Premiere and have Windows 10 Pro installed so I'm just wondering what's the issue? How can I fix it? Is it my computer or is it the fact that there has been a new update and there are some growing pains along the way.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brunos51589018,

Sorry for the performance issue. Are there any third party effects or dynamically linked After Effects comps in the project?

In which version of Premiere Pro the project is created?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no third party effects or after effects added to the project. the project was created in the last version of Premiere before this new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, brunos51589018.

Create a new project in the new version, import the old project file into the new project and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing the old project to a new one and tried rendering a clip and it is still slow and lagging again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I tried to cancel the render the app crashed and forced me to shutdown my computer as it was unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brunos51589018,

Please try the steps recommended in this article: Troubleshooting issues related to playback and performance in Premiere Pro CC

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brunos,

Are you still experiencing performance issues? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruno, unfortunately, did not return. Please do not add on to this post. Kindly create a new one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

I am having constant lagging issues. I have Adobe Premiere Pro 19. I have followed various youtube videos such as changing the files to proxies, rendering selected sequences, and changing the editing mode. Sometimes, one of those methods fixes it somewhat, but when i close snd return to the project it is lagging again. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's early days but the latest upgrade I think has helped with these issues for me Except for legacy graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issues. I just downgraded to the previous version of PP. Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the same. It'll just have to do until Adobe gets this issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleages and I are having the same problem.

Slow as a snail.  Previews, searching, typing everything just lags and lags.

It's only happened since 13.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still going though same issues here...... Only workable way around the lag that I have found is generating proxies, I am using DNxHD 1280x720 for my proxies. This is happening not only on 4K footage, but also HD footage, which is quite depressing. Considering CC18 hammered though all of this content, despite the smaller issues I was having that lead me to want to upgrade to CC19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines