• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write image description for all selected pictures

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 6.12 and have often entered one image description (like "Holiday 2018") for all selected pictures as follows: In the library module in grid view I have selected (and therefore highlighted) all relevant pictures. Then, in the Meta Data tab, I entered the text (like "Holiday 2018") in the image description field and then all selected pictures used to have this very same image description assigned. Since of today, only the first picture is labelled. What do I have to do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Metadata->Show Metadata for Target Photo Only should be unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has been changed on your system before the problem occur?

Try to reset the Lightroom prederences -> Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 and the try again.

BTW: The lastest version of Lightroom 6 is version 6.14. you should install the lastest version because there are severeal bugfixes implemented.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata->Show Metadata for Target Photo Only should be unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! And by the way: why does it say "Show Metadata" and not "Assign Metadata" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

why does it say "Show Metadata" and not "Assign Metadata" ?

That option controls both the display and assignment of metadata. When it's checked, and you've selected multiple photos, the Metadata panel will show the metadata from all of the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines