• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red boxes randomly on images in LR Classic

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I just got a new laptop and downloaded LR Classic. Red boxes are randomly showing up on some of my images and I can't figure out how to turn off the setting that is showing them. I have attached an image to show what I mean.

Red boxes on pictures.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first troubleshooting step, uncheck the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for me 😞 Thank you for the advice though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red boxes actually end up exporting and staying on the picture 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the original unedited image on some web sharing site like DropBox and then provide us with a link so we can examine this file?

There's also a light blue/cyan box above the boy's shoulder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The red boxes actually end up exporting and staying on the picture 😞

This suggests a hardware failure somewhere between the camera and LR: a memory card with bad blocks, a failing cable or card reader, bad blocks on the hard disk, failing memory blocks. Posting the original as dj_paige recommends will let us quickly determine if the photo itself has been been corrupted.  To test for hardware failure, try a different memory card, then a different USB cable if you're using one.  Then try reading the card on another computer (different card reader, disk, and memory; best if you can find another computer running LR). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines