• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GetAVICodecs

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! A few days ago I did update Adobe Premiere Pro and after that everytime on start program I got monit "A low-level exceptation occurred in: lvcod64.dll (GetAVI Codecs).  I asked on filmmaker discusion group. One person said to install K-Lite Codec Pack. I did it but event still display on start program.

Could you know which AVI Codecs should be installed with Adobe Premiere? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

In the last update, the 13.0.1 this error, GetAVICodecs, error in acquiring avi codecs, was solved, as can be seen here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura error Premiere.PNG

Same here.

Please help us, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Come on Adobe. Let us know how to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"One person said to install K-Lite Codec Pack."

Not recommended, can cause other issues and hard to get rid of I hear

EDIT: Found my source of reference for K-Lite, posted by the late respected Adobe Forum contributor Harm Millaard.

Disable antivirus when edit & K-lite Codec issue

"If you enjoy formatting your C: drive and re-installing OS and programs from scratch, install K-Lite. Most people I know avoid it like the plague."

That quote is from 2012 so maybe things have changed, but installing any kind of "unknown" package of who-knows-what is never a good idea on a professional editing system that you need to rely on.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer appears to be in this thread:

Just did the update to 2019 and opening a project from the other day is giving me trouble

It has something to do with Logitech drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krzysztof Gryzka,

Sorry for your issue.

We have identified this as a known issue and we are working on a fix. Till then, please try these workarounds:

• Uninstall all Logitech drivers from Device Manager.
  • Go to the folder C:/Windows/System32 and delete the file lvcode64.dll or lvcod64.dll.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted lvcod64.dll

This happened:

1. On program start the error message did not show up anymore

2. NEW lowlevel error showed up and now I wasn't even able to play the timeline anymore; Premiere crashed completely

Thank goodness I made a copy of lvcod64.dll and could paste this file again into the folder.

Now the first error is back again - but at least I can use Premiere in it's basic functions.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't remove the Logitech DLL as I use web conferencing daily as part of my job.

I hope you will allow me to extend evaluation period until you fix the regression so that I can decide if I upgrade from Elements to Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to keep using the webcam, then please follow this step only and check if it resolves the issue for you.

Go to the folder C:/Windows/System32 and delete the file lvcode64.dll or lvcod64.dll.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

Have the suggested solutions worked for anyone?

Let me know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, but the latest update it seems to work without that error and with better performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the last update, the 13.0.1 this error, GetAVICodecs, error in acquiring avi codecs, was solved, as can be seen here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines