• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen and app crash while rendering with ASUS nVidia GTX 1080

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using Premiere and After Effects CS6, and I recently upgraded my EVGA nVidia GTX 550 Ti graphics card to an ASUS nVidia GTX 1080 (not the Ti version).

I'm encountering problems.  First, Premiere still doesn't offer the Mercury Playback Engine CUDA processing I was hoping to finally have activated since the 550 card was not one that Adobe ever supported, and After Effects still cannot render 3D objects in final quality modes.  But worse still, I cannot get Premiere to do a final render of videos without my new AOC monitor blacking out at some point during the render.  I can get the monitor's picture back by unplugging and replugging its cable back into the graphics card, but when the picture comes back up, invariably there will be an error message stating Premiere CS6 has stopped working.   The monitor blackout only happens when I'm rendering videos from Premiere, weirdly enough.  After nearly 40 years of using personal computers, I've never before seen a software crash that would completely black out my monitor.  What's going on?

I've downloaded the latest nVidia driver for this card, but the problem remains.  I'm wondering if the card itself has a problem, and am considering returning it.  If I do, I think I'd get something else anyway since Premiere still cannot utilize CUDA processing and After Effects still cannot fully render 3D objects in final quality.

Is there a fix for this 1080 card?  If not, what's the latest card that can be made to give Premiere and After Effects CS6 full functionality in the areas I mentioned?  Any help would be appreciated.  Computer stores cannot offer me any help, and I don't know what to do at this point other than to return the ASUS 1080 card and put my old 550 Ti back in.

Jeff Lemke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your nVidia card has at least 1Gig of video ram, use the nVidia Hack http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629557 - which is a simple entry in a "supported cards" file, this is for CS6 and CS5

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines