Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color issue in premiere 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem with the color of the file in premiere pro 2019

I try to import file from Red prores, and canon 80d but still different color from quicktime to premiere pro.

sorry for order, but reed from 1 to 4.

color premiere.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

QuickTime player and most web browsers are using a different gamma interpretation from what is specified by the ITU for Rec709, so you cannot trust the colors that you see there.  I recommend using VLC player for viewing files outside of PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your screen correctly color calibrated ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not a screen calibration, I look the file from the same monitor (imac pro 5k) If I put the file in DaVinci resolve, look flat and good like if I open the file with quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime is known for having a gamma issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Variants of this question have been covered to death on this and every other color grading forum. The answer is always the same.  The only way to get a [proper] image you can trust is to run SDI [or HDMI] out to an accurately calibrated reference monitor.  Grading by viewing the image in the GUI just doesn't work."  - Jamie LeJeune

The above was posted in the Blackmagic forums about DaVinci Resolve, but it applies to all NLE's.

You must have one of two viewing environments set up.

1. A dedicated I/O card (AJA Kona, Blackmagic Intensity, etc.) to a calibrated monitor.

2. An export from Premiere Pro played from hardware to a calibrated monitor.

How it looks on the calibrated monitor is all that matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

QuickTime player and most web browsers are using a different gamma interpretation from what is specified by the ITU for Rec709, so you cannot trust the colors that you see there.  I recommend using VLC player for viewing files outside of PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines