• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration not available in PP CC 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercury Playback engine GPU acceleration (CUDA) doesn't work / isn't available in PP CC 2019 version.

Luckily, I've learned my lesson and kept previous version this time (2018) in which the Mercury Playback engine GPU acceleration (CUDA) was and still is available every time.

Intel Core I7-5930K @ 3.5 ghz

64gb RAM

GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Latest Nvidia drivers worked for me.

MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

NVidia GeForce 1070 with Max-Q Design

Cuda acceleration now listed.

Cuda Acceleration.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sentern,

Have you updated GPU drivers yet? That may hold the key to your solution.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to move to the newer series of drivers for that card. Go to the Nvidia site and download/install the newest version of the driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and updating to the latest Nvidia driver in the past has caused my system to crash. How is it that we're in late 2018 and these @Y*@Y!@!!!  companies still haven't figured out how to make things work together?  Will Artificial Intelligence someday relieve us users of the burden of hardware and software incompetence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating hardware drivers to the latest version has always been required to keep a pro level NLE, fx, or grading app functioning correctly.

Then of course the more antiquated hardware you write extra code to support, the more limited the effort to move forward with performance and the easier it is for instabilities to happen.

I've had crashes or screen garbled from drivers both from an older driver or the newest being screwy.

Takes what, 5 minutes to change drivers. I manually check for video drivers at least every other week. Part of the trade. Needed for both the Adobe apps and Resolve.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still there Jim? Get it working with new drivers?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards, How did you get it? I have a core i9 8950hk and GPU GTX 1070, the updated drivers and I can not get it activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working on a laptop with a second Intel GPU, make sure your Intel drivers are updated correctly as well.

What version of Nvidia drivers are you working with? Are your GPU acceleration options grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Adobe CC on a Dell Precision 7710 with an nVidia M3000M. 

Has anyone had experience with installing the new driver which Dell last updated on 03 Mar 2019?

My Mercury Engine Hardware Acceleration issue seems to have been resolved by updating the driver for my second Intel Graphics card.

I'm wondering whether I should leave well enough alone or also install the new NVidia driver from Dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you updated to Intel GPU driver x.100.6444 or later, correct?

Some have needed to change one setting after updating to the new Nvidia DCH driver.

I made this change on my system and the new driver has been working great.

Nvidia DCH drivers / Open GL crash

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/Resolving-NVIDIA-Quadro-OpenGL-Kernel-Exception-1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wes.  Yes, the new driver is: 25.20.100.6472

Question:  If my Mercury Engine Hardware Acceleration is working now, what benefit would there be in updating my nVidia driver?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all is working well, I probably wouldn't update

Driver updates are often motivated by constant change and evolution of features, etc....  Sometimes newer drivers can break things.

If you are up and running without issues....you're probably good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My premiere When using CUDA happens blue screen (Drive State power failure)... I'Ve made all the updates. I Formatted, reinstalled... But the premiere only works when I disable the NVidia Drive. GTX 1050 TI (notebook). I need some help. There are many days I fight against this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are your Intel GPU drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drive nvidia.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inteldrive.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see the Intel driver updated. That snags some people but you are in good shape there.

Here's one more thing to try.  Can you go into your preferences>media and turn off hardware accelerated decoding?

If that doesn't help - lmk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it in the premiere; Turn off hardware accelerated decoding. I Enabled the Nvidia drive, restarted and opened the premiere. 5 minutes using the software and... Blue screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there other apps you can test with that GPU?  This is definitely a highly abnormal strange issue and I have not heard of a similar issue where Premiere Pro would cause a blue screen like this.

What version of Premiere are you using? Have you tried 2018 and 2019? That should be a useful thing to try as it will provide more useful information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Also think it's very strange. Also occurs with Media Encoder. I'll install another editor to test.

premiere.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps if you can give the message when you got the blue screen. It usually points to the driver or service that is causing the issue?

Blue screens are normally cause by hardware interrupt issues, sometimes caused by incompatible software. In particular I would avoid any third party codec packs (apart from ones like SMPTE approved Avid DNxHD). Tracking down problem software is always tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 2016 macbook pro

Mohave OS 10.14.5

Graphics cards Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

I have 3 monitors attached to the laptop.

Premiere 2018 allows me to use my laptop and another monitor as full screen program monitors.

When I upgraded to Premiere 2019 I became unable to check the Video Device monitor choices. It ignores my selections. So my laptop and client monitor will only display their desktops. The external monitor selections are still accepted on Premiere 2018.

I'm using Mercury playback GPU accel Open CL. Metal doesn't solve the problem either.

Mac won't allow me to use the CUDA option. I have a Radeon Pro 460 4gb and Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 mb.

There are no options to update these drivers on the AMD and Intel sites for an OS operating system. My understanding is that MAC automatically updates the drivers when the OS is updated and I'm running the most recent OS.

I've trashed my preferences.

I can't revert back to Premiere 2018 because the project I inherited was created on the 2019 version and won't allow me to go backward. I'm going blind squinting at the program monitor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an acknowledged bug in this version and we're waiting for the next patch to be released. I've had this also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Sager P170HM laptop I'm working on which has a GTX 580M GPU and version 391.35 of the drivers installed on Windows 10 64-bit, but GPU acceleration isn't available for Premiere Pro CC 2019. It works fine in Premiere Pro CC 2018 (version 12.1.2). Is this GPU just no longer compatible with the newest version of Premiere? It had popped up a message about CUDA 9.2, but I don't remember exactly what it said and the message no longer comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines