• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Lightroom Classic read .mov files from an iphone properly?

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "There was an error working with the Video" . Is there a missing overlay? A set up I need to do? The same happens in Lightroom CC (just checked). I have an NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1060 3GB video card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

It sounds like you're on Windows. By default, videos created by iOS are in the newer HEVC format, which LR Windows doesn't yet handle: Lightroom Classic and CC: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  A workaround is to check the iOS option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible, which will compatibly encode new videos. You'll have to use a utility to convert your existing iPhone videos to traditional MP4 format to allow them to be imported into

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're on Windows. By default, videos created by iOS are in the newer HEVC format, which LR Windows doesn't yet handle: Lightroom Classic and CC: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... .  A workaround is to check the iOS option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible, which will compatibly encode new videos. You'll have to use a utility to convert your existing iPhone videos to traditional MP4 format to allow them to be imported into LR, or use my Any File plugin as a temporary measure until LR Windows supports HEVC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got a message that I could download a version of Apple QuickTime and that would resolve the problem. I did, and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines