Exit

DW 2019: problems with "close tags" after typing "</"

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I type...

<p></

... Dreamweaver close correctly the tag, but if I type...

<script></

... nothing happen.

These are my settings:

2018-10-19_11-07-41.png

Instead on Dreamweaver 2015 works good:

2018-10-19_11-11-12.png

Is a bug or is necessary to enable something else in the control panel?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Hi,

We are sorry that you are facing issues.

We will be prioritising this issue to take up for fixing and will keep you updated once it is fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

We are not seeing this issue at our end.

What is the OS you are using.

Please try clearing preferences Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences. and see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacOS 10.14 with the latest version of Creative Cloud (DW 2019) but I've the same problem with a MacOS 10.13 and DW 2018.

The issue is reproducible with the .php pages, instead with .html works good.

It seems to me very similar with the "Apply source formatting" bug in the php pages:

Apply source formatting not works good in the last version (2018)

Honestly, I don't know what to think, every time you write me "we are not seeing this issue at our end" but this and other bugs are there from several years (at least since you launched 2017 version).

So now kindly not ask me for a meeting to investigate about it, I'm a paying user and not an ACP and I think is necessary urgently for the Indian Office of Dreamweaver to have a working area with different pc/mac in order to be able to test all the conditions before releasing a product to the public (or at least release a beta on the prerelease forum before to lunch the final version).

Now I already know what you will reply to me:
"we will find a fix in a future update"
... and next year I'll reopen this post for the 2020 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same bug here on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same behavior in CC2019 under Windows 7.

In a .html page </ will close the <script> tag as expected.
In a .php page, it does nothing.

It seems to work correctly with all other tags tested in .php, so the fact it doesn't auto-close the <script> tag specifically could be intentional. Possibly to avoid the tag auto-closing when a script calls for </ at a point before the final </script> tag is actually needed. It has the potential to be a feature, however, if that is the case, the successful auto-closing of the <script> tag in .html files would be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry that you are facing issues.

We will be prioritising this issue to take up for fixing and will keep you updated once it is fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

... I'm a paying user and not an ACP and I think is necessary urgently for the Indian Office of Dreamweaver to have a working area with different pc/mac in order to be able to test all the conditions before releasing a product to the public (or at least release a beta on the prerelease forum before to lunch the final version).

Unfortunatly that would never solve the problem.

There are simply too many configurations, (other software and hardware) for any team to check everything. Add to that the 'left to tester' way of working that exists in CAB and pre-release, instead of providing test cases to be checked, (thats saying that members actually test the various builds, which I doubt many do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind of bug should be reproduced immediately. Other software is irrelevant. We never use Macs for actual production work, for example. But we do have 2 Macs that we use for testing. One runs the latest version of OS X. The other remains 2 versions behind. We rarely miss a bug and the tag closing thing is a no-brainer to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was to the 'test all conditions' statement.

When you test your extensions, you know what you are testing for. Many in CAB and pre-release may not know what to test for, which is why I said that providing them with 'test cases' may help, (standard practice in many development environments).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  a écrit

I'm a paying user and not an ACP and I think is necessary urgently for the Indian Office of Dreamweaver to have a working area with different pc/mac in order to be able to test all the conditions before releasing a product to the public (or at least release a beta on the prerelease forum before to lunch the final version).

this principle of testing on multiple machines to which you refer, exists and is called the prerelease program. certainly it is quite conversational (some on this forum will tell you), but it is a space freely open to everyone, simply by having a CC account, and you can test on your own configuration and report all the bugs caused before that Adobe release a public version of the build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  ha scritto

this principle of testing on multiple machines to which you refer, exists and is called the prerelease program. certainly it is quite conversational (some on this forum will tell you), but it is a space freely open to everyone, simply by having a CC account, and you can test on your own configuration and report all the bugs caused before that Adobe release a public version of the build

In the DW Prerelease program there are the highest number of "we will find a fix in a future update" in the IT history.

Adobe didn't even share a beta of 2019 before the final release and this says everything about the validity of this prerelease program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, this is a rather controversial subject.

and you're probably right, the last beta downloadable was 11167 during many weeks, and the final build is the 11193, which is somehow 26 build difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. This has always never worked. I assumed it was not suppose to work, but Adobe claiming they cannot replicate the problem is a little odd. I have always had to type </script> in full but other basic XML syntax typically works. SVG does not work either, but I also suspect Adobe has no intention to make using SVG a easy experience with their software both on the design side and also dev side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carefully read the "Warning" thread from yesterday and you should get an idea for the capabilities of the Dreamweaver team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Eric+Bintner  wrote

SVG does not work either, but I also suspect Adobe has no intention to make using SVG a easy experience with their software both on the design side and also dev side.

SVG in CS6 works o/k, except if you want to code/place in html5 doc, but have not tried CC2017-19. I don't think Adobe is really interested in web development tools anymore, except for their experiance cloud products, or those products that are purerly for designer, I would have though they would at least include code hints for experiance cloud in Dw.

Instead Microsofts VS Pro, and VS Code both have extensions for experiance cloud code hints, probably because of the partnership between Microsoft, Azure (MS's cloud servers) and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines