• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set up my adobe acrobat DC to look and act like pro XI?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always used the Adobe Acrobat Pro (non-DC versions). I am extremely dissatisfied with the changes in DC from Pro. IX, X, and XI.  I cannot stand the way it looks. DC reminds me of some kind of old free shareware program, not quite a word processor, mostly docs composed of scans or text docs that are difficult to edit, like the old pro, but the "look" is so boring and ugly, oooover-simplified, extremely poor contrast, with barely visible icons and less file type menus, where you would be able to understand the Fxs.

You can download old Acrobat Pro XI, but Adobe seems to frown on using what you like rather than what they want you to like! Moreover, Adobe seems to try to sabotage your ability to use it or actually ruin the app itself with the help of MS.

Since it is politically taboo to use Pro XI, Is there a way to set up DC to look and run or work the same as Pro XI? Or should I set up Pro XI again because I am having worse problems with DC, namely 'saving' or 'saving as' files, especially after editing?

I get "I/O errors" or "restricted access," "You have no right!" or "file not found," and there is no tangible help, when I need it. I have to re-edit each time I print....even cannot print to pdf file right!  DC is annoying. At least with Pro XI, I could resolve the issue myself. DC is re-deranged in a different way, not so discoverable either and overall unpleasant to use. I would give it a 2-star rating out of 5!  My overalls rating is ANNOYING.

Please, somebody, anybody help me with some tips or instructions on how to change DC to look like and function like Pro XI!!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Acrobat forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Info: Acrobat is not a word processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MiguelFed  wrote

Or should I set up Pro XI again

Hi Miguel,

One thing to know since you are considering setting up XI again is that support was stopped a year ago, meaning security updates have stopped and you would be leaving your system vulnerable to attacks.

Once I got used to the DC interface, I grew to love it and would never go back. If you have specific issues, please start a new thread for each and we can help you with those. You might also watch some tutorials, such as the ones at lynda.com (now linkedinlearning.com).

Acrobat DC Essential Training

Print to PDF is obsolete, by the way, and does not make the best PDF. There are better ways that have come out in the past 20 years. And while Adobe created PDF, they gave away the technology and PDFs can be made by other companies, such as Microsoft, Mac, and more. Not all non-Adobe PDFs are made well, so we will ask for specifics when you post in a new thread with your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines