• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Draw projects from one account to another?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:

My company pays for an individual CC license for each of the designers on my team, so I wasn't paying for one for the last 2 years when I started using Draw and Sketch apps. Now the agency I work for moving to a new building with our parent company and we will all be changing over to a site license and our individual licenses will soon expire. I now also have an education account because  want all my new personal work on my personal account.

So that makes three Adobe accounts total, but only one of which has Draw/Sketch content (original work account).

Problem

So now that my work individual license is going to go defunct (in a month? 2 months?), I need my Draw/Sketch project raw files connected the appropriate accounts (personal projects to my personal education account, work projects in the new work account) so that I can keep working on them.

I know I can export my files as pdf/psd/ai, but then I can't continue to work on them from within the app. Anyone out there have suggestions for or experience with transferring the source files to another account(s)?

TOPICS
File or project recovery

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Pablo.

It's pretty easy to move native Draw files from one account to another as long as you have access to both your old account and your new account. These are the instructions for iOS (let me know if you're using the Android version of Draw; they're a bit different):

* First make sure you're using the most recent version of Draw (v4.1) because it has a Share Link to Project in the project view.

* From the app choose the project you want to share (you should be able to see all the drawings in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pablo.

It's pretty easy to move native Draw files from one account to another as long as you have access to both your old account and your new account. These are the instructions for iOS (let me know if you're using the Android version of Draw; they're a bit different):

* First make sure you're using the most recent version of Draw (v4.1) because it has a Share Link to Project in the project view.

* From the app choose the project you want to share (you should be able to see all the drawings in the project)

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the upper nav and choose

Share Link to Project

Copy that link and send it to yourself.

Then use your NEW CC account to open that link. When it opens click the Save link in the upper right hand of the screen. That will save the project to your NEW account.

It's going to take a minute or two for the project to sync back to your device, so be patient and keep the app open. Once you can see it on your device you'll be able to open it and work on it on your device and Send To Desktop when you're ready.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow Thanks! I completely missed the "Save" button in the UI because it neither looks like a button or a link. Thanks! it's all set now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pablo.

Great. Happy to help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, I'm trying to do the same thing but I just want to copy a layer from one draw to another one in the same project. As far as I know, this function is not available in Android, so what I'm trying to do is move/copy the project from my Android device to an iphone.

How can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Wuffo.

Right, moving layers is not possible in Android.

However, you should have no problem opening drawings created in the Android version of Draw on iOS. Are you signed in with the same account on your iOS device? Or is the work in a different account?

Keep in mind too, that once you open this drawing on iOS you will no longer be able to work on it in Android so you may want to duplicate the drawing first and work with that version.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've opened it in my iphone but my projects aren't showing up there. Do I need to sync them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wuffo.

Yes.

If you see all the work that's your Android device when you sign in to  https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw then just leave the app on your iOS device open until it syncs down to it. If you don't see all your work there, leave the app open on your Android device until you do (then sync to iOS).

Let me know if you're having trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Do you mind giving the instructions for Android too? Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jamie.

It's basically the same but links have to be shared from assets.adobe.com because there's no Share Link function in Draw for Android. Here's what to do:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations  with your OLD (where your work is) Adobe ID.

Hover over the drawing you want to share and click on the ellipsis (...) icon

Click on Share. Then in the pop-up menu make sure that Allow Save to Creative Cloud is selected.

Copy that link and, using a different browser (so you can stay logged in with both IDs), sign into with your NEW CC account to open that link. When it opens click the Save link in the upper right hand of the screen. This will save the project to your NEW account.

It's going to take a minute or two for it to sync on the web and your device, so be patient and keep the app open. Once you can see it on your device in your NEW account, you'll be able to open it and work on it on your device and Send To Desktop when you're ready.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines