Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Camera busy".. Adobe Character Animation [Beta 5]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've just purchased the Adobe Creative Cloud, and i really wanna try out the Character Animation software, but everytime i open up the software the "Camera & Microphone"-tab at the top right corner, tells me, that my camera is busy.... the microphone seems to work fine..

I am working on a windows computer, and i've tried to reinstall the program, and restarting my computer, but the same message appears; "Camera busy".. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Sorry !! it is working, i give a last change by change the usb port (wich i tried in the 1.5) but in the 2.0 it seems to work !

i'll finally can try the characterizer !

thank you all,

my bad for the disturbing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these tips: FAQ: Why does the Camera & Microphone panel not show my webcam's video?

I'd say 90% of the time this message is due to some other app taking control of the camera - screen capture software, video chat, whatever. Try closing everything else you have running and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!

I've tried that, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the problem. It's a pretty new computer, so i have almost nothing but Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite installed on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe your OS version, hardware type, and camera in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

A friend of mine... Windows User had a similar problem when using Skype...

She used an app called; Process Explorer.. a Microsoft program to locate what was using her camera...

Here is a link... might help!? How To Find What Program Is Using Your Webcam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Finnandme,

Thank you for the answer, but the Process Explorer says "0 matching items", when i search for processes using my camera..

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin!

I wished I could offer you a solution, but if nothing seems to be using the camera, how can it still be 'busy?'

Does your camera work in another program? If the camera works fine with other programs, then it would suggest some related issue with Character Animator!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi finnandme!

Exactly! Nothing else seems to be using the camera, and i've tested the camera using skype and the standard webcam software on my PC, and it is working fine! My guess is the same as yours; that it has something to do with the Character Animation software, but as i Google it, no one else seems to be  experiencing this problem with Character Animator...

I hope i'll be able to get in touch with the Adobe staff, or the developers will correct this problem when they release the finished version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you open another question if none of the Ch Team have commented. ( Unusual... they like to get these things sorted! )

I've just done a search for any similar problems to yours and like you, I can't find anyone having a similar problem...

It's not a firewall blocking it as it's CC!? I'm just clutching at straws!?

My last suggestion would be to remove Ch completely, restart and then install again from CC.

Sorry I can't be of any more use.... frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a response to my question above: "Can you describe your OS version, hardware type, and camera in detail?"

That would help us narrow down the possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cosa_Daves,

Sorry for my late answer! Honestly, computer hardware is not my best competence, but here is a screenshot of my computer hardware:

Hardware.PNG

Anything important i've missed?

Also; i dont know how to find details of my camera, but here is what i could find:

camera.PNG

I hope you'll be able to help.. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think any firewall is blocking it, but when i look at the sercurity settings for my webcam, it seems to me, that CH never asked for permission to use the cam, at least it is not on the list of apps that can use the camera (see picture)

I've already tried to uninstall and install it again, but i will give it one more shot!

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the security app allow you to search, or select apps to use with camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is possible, i don't know how.. I recently switched from macbook to windows, so im not sure how everything works on a PC, but the screenshot is taken from Windows own security, and it only let's me disable connections to my webcam (or enable connections that have already been active)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Does turning Skype camera permissions off temporarily help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution to my problem!.. Apparently I had to press "Switch to Next camera" about 5 times before it finds my camera, even though I only have one webcam in my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh so you don't remember installing 4 ghost cameras?

Weird. Well, glad it worked for you, and good to know that solution can potentially help others in the future. We'll take a look and see if there's anything we can do on our end to help with this issue for future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i'm pretty sure i didn't install any ghost cameras. My webcam is the only camera, when i look in "device manager", so it doesn't look like any other camera is installed on my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can u pliiz help me i have the same windows and maybe the camera . and i can find any solution please any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried all the suggestions above (including restarting the machine)? If so, please post your windows/hadware/camera version information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

same problem here, It's pretty stupid because I've already found it once, but now can't find anymore :

Where is this "next camera" button !?

thank per advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the little menu next to the Camera & Microphone (Caméra et Microphone) panel title, in the upper right side of the screen.

In version 2.0 (shipping soon) it will be replaced with a menu of all connected cameras so you can pick one directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why, but when i press the "next camera"-button a random amount of times (about 4-5 times), it suddenly works! But thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That good old, turn it off and back on again solution! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines