• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old MBP worked fine until latest update - MP4s broken

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am using an old MBP, but I have used Premiere on it for over a year with no problems. I updated to the lastest software and all things went to hell. Can't get any mp4s to work at all. It loads just audio and gives me the "low level exception" error. I followed everything I could online, clearing/cleaning/deleting/reloading software etc. Nothing worked.

I then tried to go back to an older version software.  I thought I remembered being able to go through all versions... but now it only gives you specific versions you can go to. I don't remember what my last working version was, but I tried all the versions that you had available to me thru CC and the same error with mp4 (in H 264) came up. 

So I transcoded a folder full of my mp4s to Apple Prorez...and that at least imported to my timeline properly, but when I tried to render the timeline I got another low level error message.

So what gives???  I don't mind running an earlier version if you tell me my Mac is the problem...but I can't get back to making an earlier version work.  As it stands now your software is broken and unusable to me.

Thanks,

D

OSX El CApitan

MBP 3,1

Intel Core 2 Duo

2.4 GHZ

6GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

According to the Minimum Requirements for Mac found here:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

For the October 2018 release (13.0) you need OS 10.12 or greater and 16 GB minimum RAM.

Did you make a backup of your computer prior to attempting the upgrade? If so you could restore back to that.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Minimum Requirements for Mac found here:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

For the October 2018 release (13.0) you need OS 10.12 or greater and 16 GB minimum RAM.

Did you make a backup of your computer prior to attempting the upgrade? If so you could restore back to that.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. No backup. Tried returning to the last two prior versions and mp4s still don't work.  I tried uninstalling versions and then reloading from scratch...but something from the new update is still buried somewhere deep in my system because mp4s do not work.

Funny you would think that Adobe would have built into their software a check to make sure you are running the correct OSX software before letting you update. Other apps do??

So easy with CC saying "there is an update" to coax you into updating into a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines