• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC from C drive to D drive

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has a small C drive and large D Drive. My two Adobe editing programs are on C. I would like to move them to my Data or D drive. Can I just make a folder and Move both programs, or should I delete both and reinstall both into the new Drive..

Thanks for helping..

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS=Windows?

For most Windows users- software .exe programs must be installed on Drive C: (the OS drive). If there are work-arounds, I do not know of them.

You can however store your Lightroom Catalog with its Preview cache folder, along with all your photo files on another connected internal or external drive.

This is the way my system is working-  Programs installed on C: an SSD, Lr Catalog & Image files on D: drive (internal large spin drive).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I understand now...I had moved Photoshop to the D drive by just moving the folder. The program worked fine, but when I was in LR CC, it couldn't find the Photoshop program to send an edit....I had to move PS back to C...Thanks for the advise...David

On Saturday, October 20, 2018, 3:03:51 AM CDT, Axel Matt <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

|

Moving Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC from C drive to D drive

Axel Matt marked WobertC's reply on Moving Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC from C drive to D drive as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

OS=Windows?

For most Windows users- software .exe programs must be installed on Drive C: (the OS drive). If there are work-arounds, I do not know of them.

You can however store your Lightroom Catalog with its Preview cache folder, along with all your photo files on another connected internal or external drive.

This is the way my system is working-  Programs installed on C: an SSD, Lr Catalog & Image files on D: drive (internal large spin drive).

Following Moving Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC from C drive to D drive in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines