• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crash on OS X Mojave 18A384a

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a lot of issues with Lightroom on Mojave. On the first Public beta of Mojave the Lightroom was working very good, in the second PB the things was still ok, but with the release of the PB3 the Lightroom stopped working...I tried reinstalling it, reinstalling the OS, but it seems that it doesn't work...I tried to contact Adobe but they didn't answered to me...Why they released a fix for Indesign and not for Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Lightroom isn't compatible with Mojave at the moment. You have to wait until Adobe released a patch/update for Lightroom.

Nobody can say when that will be. Adobe holds back with such statements.

In the meantime you have to go back to an earlier verion of MacOS

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robi10101298  wrote

Hello! I have a lot of issues with Lightroom on Mojave. On the first Public beta of Mojave the Lightroom was working very good, in the second PB the things was still ok, but with the release of the PB3 the Lightroom stopped working...I tried reinstalling it, reinstalling the OS, but it seems that it doesn't work...I tried to contact Adobe but they didn't answered to me...Why they released a fix for Indesign and not for Lightroom?

We've had this discussion before in this forum. MacOS X Mojave is beta software. Adobe has no obligation to issue fixes for Lightroom running on beta OS software. They will do so when they are ready. When MacOS X Mojave is officially released, you can expect an update (if still needed). The fact that they did update Indesign has nothing to do with that. If you can't live with that, then don't install beta MacOS X software on your machine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's September 24 and Mojave has been released.  What's the story?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The story is that a new major CC release, developed and tested for Mojave, is announced and coming very soon. The sensible thing to do is wait until then.

If you upgrade to Mojave now, it's your own risk. There are always initial issues with new operating systems. If you depend on this for a living, I'd give it a few months and a dot release before making the leap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe now has a blog post stating that "There are no known issues with Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic."

If you're seeing crashes or other problems that are easily reproduced, they should be reported in the Problems category of the Lightroom Feedback site so that it's logged, and also so if others have the same problem they can click the "Me Too" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that if u make a clean setup of Mojave the lightroom will perfectly work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue ! Lightroom Classic stopped working and is slow as hell !!!! And the best of it is that, as always, Adobe wouldn't acknowledge the issue ! Well done !   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they care about this... they are only focused on releasing the product with the bugs reported by their testers and "fixed" by their devs and that's it..also, they don't have a public beta for lightroom...it should be crucial to listen to users problem and try to fix it, but Adobe it's not doing this...at least this is what they're showing to us...the last good version of Lightroom for me was 6, with the releasing of the CC the things are going very bad....maybe someday they'll fix this bugs and make the product much faster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is just corrupting catalogues. It seems we pay the money for no service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive canceellc my subscription as the technical help you receive is utter useless, I spent almost 5 hours on Sunday with 2 different tech guys that's took over my Mac remotely. I watched in utter amazement as they just kept on force closing LL or un installing it and reinstalling it.. Then after hours doing this they said they would raise a ticket higher up, which they didn't do. So still everytime I open LL in Mojave is crashes. I cancelled and was told I would have to pay nearly £50 I laughed and told them I'm not paying for something that doesn't work, the advisor agreed and wavied my fee !! They obviously agreed there's a problem then. I did install the new update yesterday and it's still crashing by the way.

I'm shocked at how little the tech guys know and how they handled my support.

Ive now bought ON1 and will try and get along with this software now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same worries on Lightroom 8 and Mojave, it is soooooo slow and crashed after a few minutes with the wheel of death ! Looks like we're back in time with an old PC from 1999 !!!! What's funny is that Adobe would say it's on Apple, and vice versa ! No support whatsoever neither form Apple nor Adobe ! And all this with a 2600 € computer and a 35 € a month payment !!!! Bravo Apple and Adobe !!! (don't care about who's fault it is !)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt I feel your pain, exactly the same as me , there is no help out there as both sides don't seem interested. I do prefer lightroom for my work but I've been forced to look else where

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution it's to downgrade to the latest Lightroom 6 version... The same happened to me and Adobe doesn't seem to care so much about this...6 it's still perfect for editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provando ad aprire cataloghi lightroom creati su iMac con macOS High Sierra sul nuovo MacBook Pro 2018 su cui è installato Mojave il finder va in tilt, lightroom non parte e i dischi non rispondono più. È necessario hard reset per poter tornare ad usare il computer.

La versione di Lightroom su entrambi i computer è la più aggiornata 8.2.

Il software si avvia e lavora correttamente se avviato da macbook e con cataloghi creati nello stesso ambiente.

Ho provato a concedere gli accessi al disco a tutta la suite, disattivato, File Vault e Firewall... non c'è soluzione!

COSA DEVO FARE???

È IMPENSABILE NON POTER RECUPERARE ANNI DI CATALOGHI!!!

NON È UN GIOCO, È LAVORO!!!

NECESSITO DI SUPPORTO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the translation into English

Trying to open lightroom catalogs created on iMac with macOS High Sierra on the new MacBook Pro 2018 Mojave installed the finder goes haywire, lightroom will not start and the discs have stopped responding. You need to hard reset to be able to go back to using your computer.

Hard reset, having to restart the computer, is almost always a driver problem (corrupted driver, or out-of-date driver), or a hardware malfunction. Re-install all of your drivers. Run diagnostics on your motherboard, hard disk and memory. Also make sure the cooling system is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sistema Ok - Driver Ok. Problema non risolto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andreab29226354  wrote

Sistema Ok - Driver Ok. Problema non risolto

This is really too little information to be useful. How do you know things are OK? What did you do to find this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho verificato i driver e poi fatto diagnosi dell'intero sistema seguendo questa procedura (Come usare Diagnosi Apple sul Mac - Supporto Apple). Non conosco altri metodi. Hai qualche altro suggerimento?

Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know other methods for Windows computers. I do not know if there are other methods for Apple computers.

And the link from Apple is so un-specific about that it is actually doing, that I will claim I don't know what it is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ho parlato dall'inizio di Apple, i metodi per windows non sono utili. Questo metodo fa una diagnosi di componenti, driver e software e restituisce eventuali problemi. Al momento i driver sono aggiornati e tutte i componenti funzionanti al 100%. Non conosco altri modi per verificare e comunque il problema rimane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines